Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabrio Top Mechanism Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 02:23 PM
HEV964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checked mine, despite having no problems at all.

Found one of the transmisions held on by only 1 bolt that won't actually tighten up

Looks like i am going to have to carry out this canny repair myself. I assume the hole you got access to slide in the nut on the wire, is behind the transmision, cos i can't see it on mine.

Although nothing has broken on mine, just bolts come undone (though the nuts appear to have disappeared) will i have to re-align the roof when i'm done ?

thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HEV964
Just checked mine, despite having no problems at all.

Found one of the transmisions held on by only 1 bolt that won't actually tighten up

Looks like i am going to have to carry out this canny repair myself. I assume the hole you got access to slide in the nut on the wire, is behind the transmision, cos i can't see it on mine.

Although nothing has broken on mine, just bolts come undone (though the nuts appear to have disappeared) will i have to re-align the roof when i'm done ?

thanks
The weld on those nuts breaks and they fall into a black hole.... you will need to repair it the same way I did or figure a way to fix those nuts in place...

They are behind the transmission, correct. No realignment if you just remove, fix, install back. I don't recommend using the top as the stress can break something...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
HEV964
Instructor

I'm being a bit of dimwit now, but is the easiest way to disconnect the transmission from the hood arms, just to undo the large bolt in middle ?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HEV964
I'm being a bit of dimwit now, but is the easiest way to disconnect the transmission from the hood arms, just to undo the large bolt in middle ?
Yes.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
HEV964
Instructor

Thanks for your advice on this one, i managed to get 2 of the 3 bolts secured properly, which is now holding the transmission securely. I'll keep an eye on the bolts until i get round to fixing the last one.

It's amazing how much smoother the mechanism is, now that pne of the trnsmissions isn't swinging around

Quick Reply: Cabrio Top Mechanism Problems