Sponsored by:

window noise on Targa

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 12:00 AM
0pastor
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy window noise on Targa

I just got my car back from the OPC where they removed and replaced my driver's side electric window motor.

Unfortunately now at 80mph I am getting a very annoying wind swooshing noise, that never appeared before 100mph before the operation was performed.

Also, by sticking my angry head right in the middle of the cockpit, I can verify that the noise does not occur on the passenger side until 100.

Anybody have any ideas about what they may have adjusted, and what I need to get my silent speeding back to its previous mellow level?
Old 08-12-2001, 02:46 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
What the heck is your head doing in the middle of the car at 100MPH?

You may want to check and see if the upper limit was adjusted properly when the window was installed. roll the window all the way up, Does it extend past the rubber tip of the quarter vent? or does it stop short? either condition will cause and irritating wind leak and cause you an angry head. If it extends past, try lowering the window a tiny bit and see if the noise dissapears. The window limit is set by two stops on the inside of the door behind the door panel. This is best left to the pro's but I would take it back and have it adjusted.

Regards

Quick Reply: window noise on Targa