Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Engine Tray-how far do you go?

Old 08-12-2001, 02:18 AM
J richard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Question Engine Tray-how far do you go?

Ok, so every 964 owner who lives anywhere warmer than Pluto should remove the engine tray from the car to reduce heat related wear, particularly valve guides. (according to "The Bruce" who knowith all...)
But how far have you all gone? My tray is occupying a wall in my garage, but what about the remaining baffles/side panels hanging besides and in front of the engine? how many of you have removed these as well? Any consequences or difficulties? It looks fairly simple but the cat may have to come off to get it all and before I jump in I was wondering if any of it supports any other panels or components.
Old 08-12-2001, 07:33 PM
Richard H
User

I believe the other panels are designed to protect the engine from the heat from the exhaust system so would be cautious about removing these.

Richard

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: