Sponsored by:

Exhaust mods ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
willie964
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust mods ?

I am a bit confused about the exhaust mod's that are available and what people would reccomend to have fitted ?
I realise that everyone will have different opinions on the subject with some not wanting to be too loud Also taking into account the noise levels at track days being an issue.

Am I right in saying that the G pipe replaces the second silencer ?
Would this mod be particulary noisy as I imagine it would be ?

Does anyone have a 'soft' copy diagram / drawing of the exhaust system so as I can see what replaces what ?

Thanks and appreciation to anyone who can quench my thirst for knowledge
Old 09-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Willie,

Have a look at www.fabspeed.com as they have some video's showing different combinations for the 964.

The Primary Muffler runs behind the rear bumper & flows into the Secondary Muffler which is inside the right rear wheel arch. The Primary muffler by-pass pipe is also sometimes called the Cup pipe. The G Pipe replaces the Secondary Muffler & looks a bit like the letter "G", hence it's name.

They're both pretty loud, but not too loud!!

Hope this helps!!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:49 AM
chayten
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,willie im not sure which pipe is which,but i do no my car has a cat by pass system by roock and that sounds great.the system was already fitted to the car when i bought it but i think JZMACHTECH sell them.i hope this helps

chayten
Old 09-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Willie - I have done both the Fabspeed Dual-Out (91 C2) and the G-Pipe (93 C2). The G pipe is quite a bit quieter than the Fabspeed. It is not radically louder than stock either. The biggest benefit of the G pipe is the weight savings of removing the 50lb seconday muffler.. Get an extra airbox cover, cut the center out, and you will get a nice intake sound to go along with it! I think that for the cost, the best deal is the Fabspeed single-out which is a simple bolt on and comes with a new polished SS tip for $900. If you buy the J-pipe and tip (you can use the stock one to save $$) its $650 (J-pipe alone is $350!). The single-out is the exact same system as the dual out, just has a cap fitted on the left side instead of an outlet pipe (which you can add later)..
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Willie - FYI - "J" Pipe & "G" pipes are the same thing!!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Slappy
Racer

I have the FabSpeed cat-back dual-out on my car and I LOVE the sound

I listened to the video on the FabSpeed site and that is exactly what it sounds like, but BETTER in person.

I am also please with how quite it can be when cruising and how it turns into a "grumble" when you get on it. Add an open airbox and you are in heaven at WOT.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Here is a rear shot of Slappy's car, which by chance is the car I installed the Dual-out on while it was mine!

Old 09-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Slappy
Racer

Does anyone have a 'soft' copy diagram / drawing of the exhaust system so as I can see what replaces what ?

Check out this thread ... https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/229566-muffler-bypasses.html

pete000 attached an image of the replacement parts from Dansk. Left side is dual-out option(s) ... right side is the single-out option.

Quick Reply: Exhaust mods ?