Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't be the Super Blue? Can it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 12:29 PM
stubornC4nut
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the great responses and love the banter! The “flags” seem to be a good source of fun. The “bumper plugs” are a great idea. Will order some today.

I wasted another day after my last post heading back to the dealer to re-bleed the clutch. Half a can later the feel was better, so I drove off with a smile! Well, an hour later or so the same feeling has returned and has not left. I am getting weary of another 2 1/2 hours round trip for no resolution of this new problem but considering the $320 I spent on bleeding the system I want my money’s worth! The Porsche dealer is Sun Motorcars in Harrisburg, I expect them to be up to the task…but I am frustrated with them now. I moved recently and this my first experience with them.

Do I need to take the left rear wheel off to bleed the slave or can I use my Rhino ramps and a motive and my very long arms?

Thanks again. Will post more pictures this week.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If in fact the system was bled correctly and you had 'proper feel' on the clutch pedal and then it went back to 'bad', it is likely that you have a failing slave cylinder/hose/seals and you are getting some air back into the system again.

I would ask the dealer to replace the slave cylinder (which will require a rebleed.....stock brake fluid is cheap) and that should hopefully do it.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by stubornC4nut
Thank you for the great responses and love the banter! The “flags” seem to be a good source of fun. The “bumper plugs” are a great idea. Will order some today.

I wasted another day after my last post heading back to the dealer to re-bleed the clutch. Half a can later the feel was better, so I drove off with a smile! Well, an hour later or so the same feeling has returned and has not left. I am getting weary of another 2 1/2 hours round trip for no resolution of this new problem but considering the $320 I spent on bleeding the system I want my money’s worth! The Porsche dealer is Sun Motorcars in Harrisburg, I expect them to be up to the task…but I am frustrated with them now. I moved recently and this my first experience with them.

Do I need to take the left rear wheel off to bleed the slave or can I use my Rhino ramps and a motive and my very long arms?

Thanks again. Will post more pictures this week.

If it worked well for a few and then came back to the same feeling it could be the clutch slave cylinder on its way out... they tend to go bad over time...

Quick Reply: Can't be the Super Blue? Can it?