Sponsored by:

Sunroof Felt Replacing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Sailswish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Sunroof Felt Replacing

I posted in May about my sunroof being stuck. New cables and $330.00 solved the problem. My mechanic was supposed to change the oil and the felts at the same time. This somehow must have been written on a napkin during lunchtime and was never accomplished.
"Search" has very limited info. regarding the felt replacement. Can this be done with access from the top of the roof or does the moveable top need to be disengaged?
I will do it my self after I order the felts from someplace. I guess some adhesive available at Pep Boys, et al is pretty much the standard?
Nice hot day here in Baltimore, took her out for a spin to pick up my oldest daughter from a sleepover. Got the old girl up to 105mph both ways. Alot of Sunday drivers out. Pa. drivers in the left lane refuse to pull to the right. Just an observation.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Fred, Long Island
Racer

One of these boards has the writeup. The interior panel of the roof pops out and you can see how it attaches. Remove it to install the new felt.
The tricky part is matching the cut angle on the long piece so it mates with the roof piece when closed. You can temporarily drop the roof in place to mark the place to trim the long one.

Attaching the short piece to the roof panel requires centering it exactly. Find the midpoint, mark somehow and center this when gluing up.

Not a bad task and it certainly gives a bit of satisfaction.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Carl Muckenhirn
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you'll find all the information you need here:

<a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/911_sunroof_repair/911_sunroof_repair.htm" target="_blank">911 Sunroof Repair at PelicanParts</a>

carl.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Sailswish
Instructor

Thanks very much. I'll get to ordering the felts today.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Felt Replacing