Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 09:46 PM
Tom Sharpes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they find any problems while diagnosing it or did the replacement clock fix it.

If the clock fixed it, I would ask for my money back on the diagnosis charge. They should have tried THAT first then if that didn't work run the tests - especially if you had just had the airbag system checked out.
My .02 worth
Old 08-01-2001, 11:41 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tom Sharpes:
<STRONG>If the clock fixed it, I would ask for my money back on the diagnosis charge. They should have tried THAT first then if that didn't work run the tests - especially if you had just had the airbag system checked out.
My .02 worth</STRONG>
Good point, Tom. In my case, that's basically what the dealer did. Just replaced the clock, that is. Charged me 0.6 hrs labor = $45.

I feel for Tom (964). He's in a somewhat awkward/difficult situation just now. All the same, it does sound like he was grossly overcharged.
Old 08-02-2001, 12:03 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Tom:

Thank you for disclosing the dealer you had your car serviced at. The PPI I had done on my car was at a Chicago area dealer and the report came back with some items that just did not need to be done. I was wondering if it was the same dealership.

Thank You,
Jay

Quick Reply: air bag light