Sponsored by:

Targa bar removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 03:04 PM
Jeff Midili
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Targa bar removal

Like Jeff (a different Jeff), my targa bar is in need of repainting. I read Tom's excellentwebsite on repainting with the bar still on the car, but I would also like to replace my "Targa" scripts while I'm at it. I believe the scripts are screwed into the the bar from behind, unlike the SC where they are glued on. Has anyone removed their bar? I would assume it would have to removed to replace some of the seals,right? So it couldn't be that bad... Any feedback/opinions are greatly appreciated.

Jeff
'91/C4
Old 07-07-2001, 01:01 PM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff
Removing the bar sounds very difficult to me -- I hope you're wrong about the Targa script being screwed in from behind. Sorry to see there are few responses on your question. YOu might try Pelican Parts discussion board -- they seem to get a lot of hits on Targa questions. Good luck -- I'd like to know how you make out if at all possible.
Old 07-09-2001, 11:42 AM
wmtt140
Track Day

Yes, the Targa script is attached from behind the bar on the 964's. Do a search on Pelican Parts 911 forum. About 6-8 months ago someone posted details on removing the targa bar for a repaint.

Good luck.

Wayne

Quick Reply: Targa bar removal