Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the 993 Rear window fit the 964?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Garrett, yes.. It must pass state inspection. It's like that in every state I've ever lived in. In Maryland you only get your car inspected once when you buy it. In Virginia, you need to get your car inspected every year. Either way... Lexan windows would not pass inspection.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Indycam
"The point is... It's not street legal."

You already said that and I already said that .

"It might be against the rules but its not that big of an offense ."
"check with your state and local authorities"

"Things were different when, coming home, I hopped onto Rt. 50 toward Annapolis. I didn't hear beeping so I let it go.... 80... 90... 100... 110... 120... just shy of 130... I backed it down to 95 and cruised for a few miles."

If you are really concerned with the rules , how do you rationalize doing near 130mph on a public road ?

The truth is , it seems to me , that you have decided to be disagreeable . Please reread the very unpleasant private message you sent me . I suggest that you take your own advice.
Indycam... The point is that most of the time you either give bad advice or post inanne comments! (For seemingly no purpose) Then you delete posts after others have commented on what you have said. Most people just pass by and don't say anything. BUT, since you've decided to air some dirty laundry, here goes...

First of all... The message I sent to you was private and not intended to be brought up in any forum. My hope was that you would take a look at what you were doing to the flow of the threads and stop deleting posts. When others search for help on issues and run across threads where you posted several times... And then you delete your posts... It really screws up the threads. You do occasionally post something that makes sense... But rarely. If you are going to end up deleting your posts... Do us all a favor and just stop posting! PERIOD!

As far as my speeding goes... Yes... I speed sometimes... So what? I'm not advocating that everyone else do it. I like the performance of my car and if there is no other traffic around and I pose no danger to others, I'll drop the hammer for as far as I care to. I don't need to rationalize it to you or anyone else.

Yes... I have decided to be disagreeable... With YOU!

My apologies to everyone for being off topic. It just galls me when someone who refuses to pay his dues to become a member decides to screw with such a great forum and the content that it provides.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

One thought, I bought the thinner, Euro RS rear window from Gert at www.carnewal.com and found it to be around 5 pounds lighter than the USA window.....and it has no CHMSL.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:57 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 469 Posts

Cupcar - what's CHMSL? I am surprised that 5lbs is the only gain...

Do you know how much weight savings there is with the "thin" glass windshield used on the RS cars (like the C4 RS?)?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

CHMSL = Center High Mounted Stop Lamps
Old 08-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks Smokin.

My car has the thin glass in it, I think it is 3.2 mm instead of 4.2 mm thick. I would have to check on the thickness.

I was suprised actually that rear glass weighs in at 5 pounds less (my number includes the CHMSL) , I figure the light weight glass kit (It is in the doors and rear glass, the rear quarter glass is the thinner spec. for all cars. No thinner windshield available.) is around 8 pounds.

Quick Reply: Will the 993 Rear window fit the 964?