Sponsored by:

What's with the 993's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:02 PM
rloyot
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better late than never

Per Jim's request photos of my exhaust upgrade (apologies offered - not good with pics) hope the upload works:

Here's wat I had done:

- Install Billy Boat Triflw exhaust with headers - no cat
- Convert to dual exhaust
- Valve adjustment

results are firmly into "Oh my God" territory - feels like a different car - my valves must have been ready to "fall off". Exhaust note is lovely growl with an unearthly howl as the tach moves from 3000 to 4000

Car seems to run a bit rich (no O2 sensor) but I just don't care. Must learn to stop giggling every time I accelerate. -- Rob
Attached Images    
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

nice! Sure like the looks of duals
Old 08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

I purchased my first Porsche back in 1996 it was a new Guards Red C2S that I later changed for a Vesuvius C2S with Aero kit. To me that was and is the best Porsche, period… it had the soul of old 911s (without the hard clutch, “oh s--t!” handling), great A/C, sexy lines… it was the complete package… to this day I miss that car very very much… …and hope to be able to buy another one soon…

996? No thanks. And please, do not put it in the same category as the 993… there are worlds apart… ..Something about disposable engines and transmission in the 996 that I do not care for… Only worthy 996 styled cars are the GT3, GT2, and TT… but the interior in all of them is a big let down…

997… although they have the same disposable engine, when they come out with the TT, GT3, GT2 (if they keep using the same engine case, true dry sump as in the 996 based GT3/2/TT) it will be the car to get… they fixed the interior and with that engine… it will be one sweet deal.

I do hope I can still keep my 964, add the 993 C2S, and then also add a 997 GT3 or TT later on… I will be working until I am 70… but what the heck! My inspiration something I read about this old guy Italian that retired, sold his house, moved to a low cost apartment complex and bought a Lambo...
Old 08-10-2005, 04:34 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Jaime, how could you have sold a Vesuvio C2S The only thing I don't fancy too much are the wheels which I prefer to be shiny silver, otherwise a superb car. I must admit that I was a bit shocked to discover some rust bubbles close to the wipersaround the windscreen He's having it repaired under warranty now. I think we have to open a thread with "What car do you regret the most or iow what's the most stupid thing you've ever done Porsche-wise"?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by kris
Jaime, how could you have sold a Vesuvio C2S ...
A 9mm to my head makes me the most giving person in the world.... I gave him the car, cell phone, and a few buck, you know, for gas and snacks....
Old 08-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

!!!!!

Wow! that's a scary story - I'm glad you did the right thing. It's not worth dying over a car...
Old 08-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by kris
...I must admit that I was a bit shocked to discover some rust bubbles close to the wipersaround the windscreen He's having it repaired under warranty now...
That is actually quite common... seems condensation builds up there... I had the same done to my car and, I believe, a few others here in the forum (and the 993 forum) have done that repair as well.

Cheers!!

Quick Reply: What's with the 993's?