Sponsored by:

Help leak over accelerator pedal (Left hand drive) - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:13 PM
puma1824
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help leak over accelerator pedal (Left hand drive) - Pictures

I have noticed a water (?) leak when I was turning a corner today. It actually happened twice. I did notice both times I heard something turn on behind the guages then the water came down.

...any clue?

View from below

Leaking water???

Another view from below

Thanks,
Puma

Last edited by puma1824; 07-21-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

clean airconditioner or air intake on hood drain tubes that come out under the car.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 PM
puma1824
Pro

Originally Posted by jimq
clean airconditioner or air intake on hood drain tubes that come out under the car.
How? Like this post? LINK Unfortunately this was not happening when it was raining. My leaking occurred on a hot sunny summer day. Again I heard some motor turn on, then the water started running.

thanks,
Puma

Last edited by puma1824; 07-21-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:04 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It may have been just sitting in there then sloshed out as you went around the corner, started moving etc. Happens on any type of car not just ours.
Then again maybe your heater core is leaking coolant
Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Then again maybe your heater core is leaking coolant
Hey, are you a writer for one of those "other" p-car magazines?

Marc
Old 07-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

My car had water come out of the same spot just recently. The fix was the clear the drain tubes. I know your car's problem isn't when its raining but I still think the same fix is relavent. The 964 has two drain tubes. One for rain water and the other for water from the air conditioner condensor. There is a vent that is centered in the car above the tunnel. Its hard to see but that is where the water was coming in my footwell.

I suggest trying to clear your drain tubes. It only takes a few minutes. Just jack up the right front and poke a wooden stick (1/4" dowel) into the two drain tubes. See the photo posted by JasonAndreas on this thread. The tubes are in the opening of the black cover plate. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/212933-water-pours-on-my-feet-out-of-lower-heater-vent.html

If that isn't your problem, then it hasn't cost you much. Let us know what you find.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:27 PM
puma1824
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob Aube
My car had water come out of the same spot just recently. The fix was the clear the drain tubes. I know your car's problem isn't when its raining but I still think the same fix is relavent. The 964 has two drain tubes. One for rain water and the other for water from the air conditioner condensor. There is a vent that is centered in the car above the tunnel. Its hard to see but that is where the water was coming in my footwell.

I suggest trying to clear your drain tubes. It only takes a few minutes. Just jack up the right front and poke a wooden stick (1/4" dowel) into the two drain tubes. See the photo posted by JasonAndreas on this thread. The tubes are in the opening of the black cover plate. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212933

If that isn't your problem, then it hasn't cost you much. Let us know what you find.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to jack up the car safely yet. I will ASAP. BUT a little update. Again happened again but this time over the inside passenger side. (see pics) This is A LOT of water that comes down...still think it's the drain tube? Does a pump or something turn on before draining? Each time I hear a noise then the water fall begins.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

If it's not raining, then the water has to come from your a/c, or we're barking up the wrong tree. If you don't use the a/c, do you still get water? And yes, there's a lot of water from the a/c system, you should see it under the car on a humid day after running with the a/c on. It'll even drip off the hoses under the sills, condensed from the outside air.

If you're sure it's water, and it's not raining, my money's on a clogged a/c drain.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Puma,

That is the exact same place my car had water coming in. If you feel around, you will find there is an opening in the bulkhead where the heater ducting enters the car. I had water sloshing into the footwell. The side that got wet depended on if I was turning left or right. I am still convinced that clearing the drain tubes will resolve your problem. I will see if I can post a diagram of the heater drains so you can better visualize it.

Update - Got the diagram posted. The two tubes to clear are #11 & #12.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the same problem. Checked and cleaned the drain tube. No problem there. I still get water on my feet on the passenger side.

I wish there is a way to take the system apart to clean them.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:14 PM
puma1824
Pro

Originally Posted by Rob Aube
Puma,

That is the exact same place my car had water coming in. If you feel around, you will find there is an opening in the bulkhead where the heater ducting enters the car. I had water sloshing into the footwell. The side that got wet depended on if I was turning left or right. I am still convinced that clearing the drain tubes will resolve your problem. I will see if I can post a diagram of the heater drains so you can better visualize it.

Update - Got the diagram posted. The two tubes to clear are #11 & #12.
11 & 12 only available from the bottom of the car? Like you, the side that got wet depended on if I was turning left or right. Right now the car is at the dealership getting the wheel locks knocked off as well as hooking up the "hammer" to check warning lights. When I find/buy a jack I will poke around and try and clear the drain tubes.

Also noticed a little water spitting from the center vent. (very little barely noticable)

Oh yeah THANKS for the picture

Originally Posted by axl911
I have the same problem. Checked and cleaned the drain tube. No problem there. I still get water on my feet on the passenger side.

I wish there is a way to take the system apart to clean them..
- so you never fixed the problem??
Old 07-26-2005, 06:37 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope. Couldn't figure it out.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Puma, Yes, Tubes #11 and 12 are only accessible from the bottom of the car.

Quick Reply: Help leak over accelerator pedal (Left hand drive) - Pictures