Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 04:18 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post an electrical stumper

Hi,

Just recently I've experienced a very odd series of electrical problems, which may be coincidental but then again may not.

Symptoms:
- Driver's side window switch doesn't operate unless the doors are locked
- parking lights no longer work
- and all the sudden the airbag & seat belt light on the clock went on after a weird flashing of a variety of warning lights on the other gauges.

So does anyone have any useful tips to check. And yes I did check all the fuses...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have to offer.

Boris
Old 01-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Boris,
For your first problem. The only link between the window and the doors locking will be mechanical. I suggest that something has come in contact with the wiring of the switch in the door. The door switch is related to the power window but not the locking. I would suggest a hung up wire or an earth used by the central locking.
Parking Lights sounds like an earth wire as well. Both bulbs of course should be checked. Does the park light left or right come on when you leave the indicator selected left or right and remove power.
If the airbag warn light is on it will have to be reset using the Bosch hammer. Again all this could well be related. There is wiring related to all three systems in and around the steering column.
Very hard to determine over cyberspace but I would be looking for failed earths,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 01-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Herbie
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my C2 park lights were connected together to supply the license plate light, so on both positions of turn light I had all parking lights on.

For license plate light there is a specific fuse.

Quick Reply: an electrical stumper