Question re: factory options

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 12:59 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Question re: factory options

Hi everybody:

Finally got around to checking the factory option codes for my P-car on Kinder's site.

Nothing came up for 231. Does anyone know what this is?

09991: "manufacture from the exclusive-programme" What is this? (Hopefully it means super duper, personally baptized by Ferdi and worth a lot more than I thought!).

403: "Pressure cast 17" wheels". Is pressure cast some sort of special option, or were all wheels pressure cast and the only "option" was that they were 17s and not 16s?

454: "Automatic speed control". Huh?

My paint code is L741. The car is black, but I understand that there were two or three shades of black for the 964. Does anyone know what shade this is (I read somewhere that the paint codes are copywrited and, therefore, not available from Kinder's site).

Thanks for your help
Old 12-22-2001, 02:59 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Jon:

I can help with the 454 option. That is otherwise known (to us in the states) as cruise control.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:18 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts
Pressure cast=manufacturing process where molten metal injected into mold under pressure to produce a cast wheel. Other M codes show "forging" as manufacturing process where metal is pressed into a form under high pressure to achive shape. The classic 5 spoke alloys introduced in 1967 on the 911S and manufactured by the Fuchs company are forged. Forging is more expensive, produces lighter wheels and is not used by Porsche much anymore, I assume to save cost.
Old 12-26-2001, 06:20 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear John
L741 is a special order shade of Black. It is not in the list I have. In your 964 there is a label above the battery. It is a little silver thing. It will describe the colour exactly. Maybe you could look at this label and tell us what the description is.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: I would hazard a guess and say that your Black is the Water Based Black for the 1993 model year. Is it solid, metallic or pearl effect.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:29 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adrian and Others:

Thanks for the info. I will look at the color code tonight and let you know what it says tomorrow. I will also try to figure out how to scan in a photo along with my response.

In the meantime, does anyone know about (1)option # 231 and (2) the meaning of option # 09991 which says "manufacture from the exclusive-programme"?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Question re: factory options