Sponsored by:

Brakes on C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 01:38 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post Brakes on C4

Curious as to your advice on whether doing the brakes, Pads/rotors replacement, on a C4 is recommended for DIY. I've heard both schools of thought. Some say it's fine go ahead and do it while others say because of the high pressure system you should stay away from doing it.

I trust the people on here the most, so, I'm curious to hear your comments.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:50 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ANyone?
Old 12-26-2001, 06:11 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Slant,
It depends upon your expertise. If you have the manuals handy you should be able to achieve this change wihtout too many hassles. However if you disconnect any brake lines you will need a Bosch Hammer to rectify the problem. Whilst I know people have achieved such work without (claimed) problems I know many more who have had major problems. Safety problems like brakes do not work or brakes apply uncommanded at high speed. Not good. The 928 can suffer similar problems if the ABD system is installed.
So basically, if you do not disturb the brake fluid, as long as your brake piston seals do not leak and you follow the procedures you should be okay.
My recommendation, if in doubt, get it done professionally especially seeing as the C4s are getting on in years,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Quick Reply: Brakes on C4