Sponsored by:

Rootwood Shift Lever

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:17 PM
ACFOUR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rootwood Shift Lever

The option code for my 964 indicates my car has option XC9, which according to Adrian's book is "Gear stick **** in dark root wood with cuff". I presently have a billet aluminum gear shift **** which in the winter requires me to wear a glove on my right hand for at least 1/2 hour (New England winters). I would like to change the **** to something less temperature sensitive and was considering trying to return the car to the original "dark root wood ****". Is any one familiar with this Porsche Exclusive option, and is it still available today? Does anyone have one that they wood like to sell? Is there a Porsche part number for this shift ****? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any comments.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ralph... I've never heard of the dark root wood as an option... But if winters are that cold you may want to go with the stock leather covered shift **** as it will warm up considerably faster than metal or wood.

Just my .02
Old 06-10-2005, 04:18 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the root wood shifter in my 993. It's noting really special and the leather with the shift pattern debossed into it gets dirty and worn. I've been meaning to replaceit for a while but have never gotten around to it.

Quick Reply: Rootwood Shift Lever