H4 Bulb Replacment?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question H4 Bulb Replacment?

One of my headlights burned out and I recently picked up a replacement.

It turns out that a former owner replaced the US lights with a (euro?) H4 system. If I recall, that was a pricey little upgrade.

Anyway, of to the garage I go with screwdriver in hand! The body-colored trim ring comes off in no time flat. There's a "chrome" bezel around the light with two more screws. I start twisting on those screws, cursing how long there are until one "pops". At that moment I realize I've been twisting one of the two headlamp adjustment screws What an idiot!

So now I'm baffled. There's a grand total of 3 screws. One held the trim ring in place, the other two are horiz/vert beam adjusting screws.

How the heck does the light come out?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The trim ring screws into the light at the bottom (6 o'clock) position. It actually screws into another screw that holds the light into the fender. Take a flat blade screwdriver and back out the bottom screw of the light and it will come out.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:57 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Geoffrey!
I didn't notice that the 6 o'clock screw screwed into another screw - Crafty Germans! I'll check that out.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If the light doesn't come off easily, just pry it at the same height as the 6 o'clock screw (not anywhere else) with a screwdriver, be sure to wrap the screwdriver in a thick piece of cloth.
Greetz

Quick Reply: H4 Bulb Replacment?