Sponsored by:

Georgia paint and body shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:06 AM
BLK964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Georgia paint and body shop recommendations

I need some recommendations for a body shop in Georgia. I haven’t dealt with anybody that I would feel comfortable repairing/painting the Porsche. The car received some slight damage over the weekend (my birthday weekend ). I don’t have any pics, yet, but it’s not too bad.

The story…
My wife was sitting in line at a drive thru ATM and the person in front of her decided not to wait any longer and while attempting to get out of the line they backed up on the hood of my car. She said she was standing up in the car yelling and honking the horn. I think I need to install a horn that will actually get somebody’s attention.

The damage..
It sounds worse than it actually is… The car has a broken driving light, scratches on the top of the bumper and front of the hood, smile partially pulled out, some small dents in the hood and a bent crest. The head lights and front quarters are fine.

Oh well, now I guess I’ll get my spoilers painted. Now I have to decide whether or not to replace the driving lights with the ducts that I have, and whether or not to keep the flags.

The main thing is finding a good body and paint shop. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

Crabtree's on Buford Highway just south of Shallowford Road repaired a side swipe on my Mercedes, and I can't tell the car was ever hit. It is a small shop, just two brothers, but they do 100% of the work themselves. They use German paints (you pick the brand).

Stay away from Garvins. They claim to be a high end shop, but their one opportunity with me was expensive. Worse, the quality of both the paint and body work was pathetic.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
BLK964
Instructor

Thanks for the info, Springer. I'm going to try to check a few places out I'll try to check out Crabtree's. That's good to know about Garvins. A bad shop can have a nice job come out every now and then, but a good shop will fix their occasional bad jobs. The insurance adjuster gave the estimate including replacing the hood. I should have virtually no bodywork to be done if the hood is replaced.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Sorry to hear about your incident--amazing how little attention the morons in our State pay when they get behind the wheel--I almost got run off the road this morning on the way to work by a woman gabbing on her cellphone and swerving into my lane....

Years ago I had multiple incidents with my A3 VW Jetta, and it was repaired to a high standard by a place on Cobb Parkway called Classic Paint and body. It is now called Abra. Jim Ellis owns a collision center off Peachtree Industrial, and there is a place that is down the street where the Jim Ellis VW Dealership is off Cobb Parkway that does really good work as well. The person you want to talk to over there is named Dennis [no affiliation]. Give those guys a look, I'm almost sure that Dennis has done multiple Porsches over the years.

Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Georgia paint and body shop recommendations