Sponsored by:

Heater Blower Motor - front/dash

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What year is your car?
Fan set to '0' really only means off in 1991+ model years. The blower fan still runs on '0' on 89 & 90s

any chance it seems to be coming from within the CCU itself?
Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

+1 - Check your CCU fan. Its a tiny fan attached to the back of the CCU that draws air across a temperature sensor to regulate the cabin temp. It runs continuously, independent of the fan speed setting.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe they still "troll" a bit when they're off?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think I've experienced this as well and went away when I replaced the "expensive side" (passenger??) motor.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 PM
anto1150
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines "troll" too ('91 C2).

Is your rear blower ok? If it's not working, that coud effect the front blowers.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread, I used this and others this afternoon to fix my squeaking blowers. Took me five hours mainly because I couldn't work out how to pull the motors out but spotted the screwdriver in top and bottom trick and job's a goodin. One of the motors was very stiff and squeaky and at risk of raising the oil vs spray argument again, I just bunged a bunch of CRC in top and bottom. I would recommend the oil route if you have time as I now have a faint whiff of CRC in the cabin which I'm hoping will fade with time. Only had one screw and one bolt left over which I consider very satisfactory. Will report back if the squeaking reappears.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frankvan
polman,
the servos controlling the temperature flaps should mirror each other. when you want cold air the metal arms should both be pointing outwards (towards the fenders), and when you want hot they should be pointing inwards or towards each other.
in your pictures the passenger side servo is in heat mode (the flap is up and metal arm is pointing inward) and the driver side is in cold.
Can't say the flap is "open or closed" as when it moves it closes off one opening and opens up the other!
I recently replaced my left (driver side) mixing servo while replacing the center fresh air servo.
Mine are in the same position as stated / shown above:
both arms facings same direction -NOT opposite each other.
Part number on both mixing servos is the same so i do not understand how one orients them opposite each other.
When i disconnected the ' arms' off each mixing servo to remove them to get the center fresh air servo out, they both had resistance and set in their positions. Went back in the same way.

How do you get them to splay to the outside or inside in tandem when they are functioning parallel like his picture without forcing / horsing/ or breaking them?

Incredibly informative thread here we should keep resurrected.

Thanks

Nic
Old 10-21-2013, 04:57 AM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick question regarding the A/C with the fan set to '0'. I've noticed on my '93 model that with the A/C on the compressor still engages despite the fans turned off. Is this normal?

Reason I ask is on my 993 the fans had to be on to engage the compressor for the A/C and obviously draw air across the evaporator.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM
jgrosjean
Rennlist Member

The bearings dry out. I had the same problem with the blower in my 84 Vanagon. It was squeaking when it ran. There is a very nice spray lubricant with teflon called Tri Flow which seems to rejuvenate them if you can spray it into the bearing or shaft.

The other problem is the servo motors. The one which controls the fresh air always defaults to to recirculate when the the car is shut off, so it wears out and they are no longer available for a 964. I wanted it on outside air, so I connected 12V to the pins so it went to the outside air position and then disconnected the motor.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The trick is to spray the bushing before it wears too much, and its porous structure smears over.

.. Gregg
Old 04-21-2014, 02:59 AM
dekasan
1st Gear

My heater fan motor went and I was having difficulty getting a motor so I searched for bosch motors the same size and I came up with a nissan micra fan motor as the brushes sit straight on the armature and it is a permanent magnet motor so it can rotate in either direction just by switching + and - P.S both brush housings must be insulated. I had to carefully remove the original fan off the shaft of the old one. I only paid £15 for the motor off E BAY.CO.UK.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 AM
anto1150
Pro

GREAT tip!!!

THANKS
Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 AM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dekasan
I searched for bosch motors the same size and I came up with a nissan micra fan motor
Can you post the part number? Sounds great!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM
sramdeen
Track Day

Originally Posted by dekasan
My heater fan motor went and I was having difficulty getting a motor so I searched for bosch motors the same size and I came up with a nissan micra fan motor as the brushes sit straight on the armature and it is a permanent magnet motor so it can rotate in either direction just by switching + and - P.S both brush housings must be insulated. I had to carefully remove the original fan off the shaft of the old one. I only paid £15 for the motor off E BAY.CO.UK.
BRILLIANT find! Would be fantastic if you could provide more info on this. I think one of mine is going to start making noises next winter.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:04 AM
pkoon
Track Day

Is there a DIY regarding change of the blower motors for 94 993 C2?
Old 12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
justin-in-athens
Pro

bump, curious about the Nissan micra blower motor cross compatibility?

Quick Reply: Heater Blower Motor - front/dash