964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay usa ------ RUF alloys

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Rushjob
Advanced

Location: The depths of Sherwood Forest, UK or if you're really unlucky, sat in your mirrors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm...mine are 8.5" front & 9.5" rear - 235 sounds wide on the front
I run 225 40 / 265 35 on 18" Ruf Speedlines.
Mind you, my centre caps face away from the valves so I'm obviously a bit of a deviant........
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Darn we need something exciting like this to talk about on our side of the pond
Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahah

and you guys had the audacity to tease me.......about my clean car.................

kevin.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

I have to 'fess up that I think 3 out of 4 of mine are pointing to the valve....

Andy
'91 C2, sad git!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't think so...I best run out and cover my tires with glue & then try to spin the wheels, so that the tires will not move, but the rims will rotate to the correct alignment!

A.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know which way mine point.

But that is a very nice wheel. I wonder if the others are as nice. And the seller seems more interested in the tires than the wheels, am I missing something? And would they fit a lowered but otherwise stock '90 C2 without needing a baseball bat? Anybody know?
Old 04-30-2005, 12:10 AM
D_Schultz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder what the reserve is. I'm the high bidder at the moment, but reserve isn't met so far.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indycam
Way over bid to find the reserve , then retract your bid .
You're joking right?
Old 04-30-2005, 06:24 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Blimey didn't realise that could be done, I've always emailed the seller.....I've tried bidding up on an item, but if there's no-one else bidding it doesn't matter how much you bid, it still says reserve not met........
Maybe I'll try this next time..

if I ever get to putting some calipers up ;-))) who knows.....

kevin.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

No , I'm not joking .
I believe in honest deals , if the seller will not tell me what they want for an item , what the reserve is , its a way to find out . If the reserve is higher than Im willing to go , I will not spend my time watching and bidding . I know its takeing advantage of a flaw in the ebay system , but I don't see where any real harm is done .
Well... For one it's against the rules doing what you describe. There is no "flaw" in their system... Bid retractions are for honest mistakes and other issues... Per ebay...

--You made a typographical error and entered the wrong bid amount. For instance, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this occurs, re-enter the correct bid amount immediately after you retract your bid. If you do not place another bid, the retraction will be in violation of eBay's policy and could result in your suspension. Please review the retraction guidelines if you need to retract your bid.

--The description of an item you have bid on has changed significantly.

--You can't reach the seller. This means that you tried calling the seller but his or her phone number doesn't work, or you have tried emailing a message to the seller and it comes back undeliverable.

--Someone has bid on an item using your User ID and password.

You say you believe in "honest deals" yet what you are doing, per ebay rules, is dishonest and you can be suspended for doing what you recommend!

You say, "If the reserve is higher than Im willing to go , I will not spend my time watching and bidding."

Uh... This is what the ebay auction process is all about!

You say, "I don't see where any real harm is done."

Well... You're the only one... This is why ebay has rules against doing what you suggest! I have had items up for auction and had people bid high to see what my reserve is... scaring legitimate bidders away... only to retract their bid later. The legitimate buyers don't come back because they think it's beyond what they want to pay. Meanwhile... I incur more costs having to relist my item!

No offense... But you should give more thought to your suggestions before posting. This is clearly bad advice! I'd hate to see someone be suspended for following your suggestion.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone has centre caps that are the same colour as my wheels I might go for that...
Old 05-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

I retract the overbid I as soon as I bid . I do not interfere with the auction . I do not scare away anyone . As far as breaking the rules , do you ever exceed the speed limit ?

"I have had items up for auction and had people bid high to see what my reserve is... scaring legitimate bidders away"
The "legitimate bidder" was scared away by seeing your reserve price ? If this legitimate bidder was scared away by your reserve price , they are not going to bid to win , your reserve is higher than they wish to bid .

"Uh... This is what the ebay auction process is all about! "
I think that ebay is about selling to the person who wants to spend the most on an item . As you probably know bid snipping is frowned on by ebay , but it seems that if you wish to get the good things on ebay you , most times , have to be a snipper . You have to be at your computer at the last secs to put in the bid . If I know how much the reserve is I am more likly to be bidding and bidding well at the end of an auction if I know the reserve is acceptable . You as the seller are more likely to sell to me if I know how much you want for your item . If I bid the reserve price and no one else bids above me , you have gotten your reserve . The market has spoken .

The flaw that you seem to think Im takeing atvantage of has been fixed by ebay .
The point is... You gave bad advice! But I think people here are smart enough not to do what you described.

Quick Reply: ebay usa ------ RUF alloys