Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Trader - the Kumhos?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin

If you want N rated tyres though - be aware that Kumhos are NOT.

The Ecsta 712's are a nice tyre in all conditions and I can remember 2 incidents where they displayed unbelievable grip in the wet to prevent me being involved in accidents.

All the same, I might (and you might consider) Yoko AVS ES100's - I heard plenty of good things there - you can check them out at Tirerack. They beat Ecsta 712's by a small margin in a tyre test.

SO2's are a pretty safe bet though - just not sure whether they are worth the money. Mich Pilot Sports are supposed to be good if price is no object.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin,

Go for the S02s, though they are probably quite hard to find by now (I think production stopped over a year ago). I have them on my car and they are superb in all conditions plus they wear quite slowly (12k miles on the front and counting).

I was on a 996TT with PZeros and they were crap. I've herd too many people complain about PZeros to gamble buying some.

Contis and Michelins are also good, Porsche approved, tyres.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:15 PM
eddychan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of P zero Rosso, they wore down a lot quicker than the others I had before. Now I have a set of Michelin Sport, the feeling is that the P zero seems to hold the road slightly better than the Michelin but the Miches still like new after three months of driving.
Andrew's experience is incredible, surely the property of the rubber should be changed a lot after 10 years.
Kumho sounds a very good value, I paid twice as much for my Michelins.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: P Zero Rosso