Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results for The Turtle

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 04:55 AM
Christer
Race Car

Originally Posted by targa72e
I would agree that the loss in hp is probably a result of the air fuel mixture being to lean. If you add parts that allow the engine to flow more air but do not change the fueling you will not make more HP unless the car was too rich to begin with. A/F mixture at WOT should be in the 12.5-13.0 range 14.0-1 is too lean.

john
Your statement belies my own experience with the GHL exhaust, it was a bolt on with a DME reset - no other changes were made....
Old 04-22-2005 | 09:35 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

I don't want to leave the impression that AFRs make substantial power differences, they don't. They may make small differences, but not in every case.
Old 04-24-2005 | 02:33 PM
targa72e
Rennlist Member

it is not just the A/F that makes the power. If you are too lean then you are more likely to get detination, which pulls timing which has a big effect on power.
So someone in Europe with high octane gas might see a good power gain whit mod X, while the customer in California having to run on 91 octane crap might loose power with same part. The key is that if you make big changes to the engine you cant expect the stock programing to be optimized, you need to tune to the new configuration.

john

Quick Reply: Dyno Results for The Turtle