Sponsored by:

Front and rear speakers for 1993 964 cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:37 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Front and rear speakers for 1993 964 cab

I have a '93 cab I bought a few months ago, and the car has been in my garage all winter after only driving it about 300 miles Anyway, my first question is if anyone knew the size of the rear round speakers? They look like 3.5 inch or 4.0 inch, but I can't tell.

My second question is, I bought Polk Audio "momo" 6.5 inch "component" speakers for the front (seperate tweeter and mid-low). Is anyone familiar with these speakers, and will they fit behind the stock grills? They are the Polk/momo speakers that have the momo logo on the larger speaker itself, which you would see through the rather open grills that came with the speakers, but I would rather keep a stock look if I can and put the stock covers over it. (I bought polk on the internet because I liked the way they sounded in my '87 911).

I am going to have a new alpine CD head installed, with the speakers, as well as an amplifier. I know the rear speakers will barely be heard and most of the sound will come from the fronts, but my third question is does anyone have any suggestions for the rear round speakers? They should be pretty cheap I would imagine since they are so small. I have to buy them, and I'll probably just get the amp at the place that does the installation- I bought the Alpine CD unit (new) already on ebay as well.

Thanks!!!

Andrew
Old 03-10-2003, 12:05 PM
rutz964C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

You should check Rod Birch at <a href="http://www.caraudioinnovations.com," target="_blank">www.caraudioinnovations.com,</a> they have ver good solutions, info and pictures of systems for Porsches

Regards
ALEX

Quick Reply: Front and rear speakers for 1993 964 cab