Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING – Crooked parts seller on the net !

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:08 PM
PORSCHE CLUB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING – Crooked parts seller on the net !

WARNING – Crooked parts seller on the net !

Ordered 2 Porsche parts. One part on credit card, second one “had to be bank Transfer”. Did it as 2nd part was an expensive brand name, and they display the dealer logo with links to the branded manufacturer.

Global autoshop in USA sent Part 1, but for an entirely different car ! Part 2 has never arrived.
ALL emails were suddenly ignored to this day; 7 months later ! Contacted branded named company. They investigated, and found “an empty dilapidated building that the police regularly visit to find the shop owners”, and “this company is not our agent !” Contacted Los Angeles consumer & fraud departments and found out “this company have large numbers of dissatisfied customers, and the culprits cannot be traced” Be warned, fellow enthusiasts.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NEVER give out your bank info to anyone. This scam is being perpetrated all over the Internet. Western Union transfers are another scam! If they won't take your credit card (Which offers some amount of protection) or PayPal (Which offers protection also) STAY AWAY!

Here are a few other tips...

1. ALWAYS make sure, before you enter your credit card info, that the address line shows https://. The emphasis in on the S after http... This means that it is a secure site. You can also look for a little yellow lock icon in the lower right hand portion of the task bar.

2. When following a link to make a purchase... ALWAYS verify in the address bar that you are being directed to where you are supposed to be! There are scams out there where you think you are on the proper site... The Internet villians have modeled a site that looks EXACTLY like the site you think you are on. (I.E. You think you are making a purchase fromn the XYZ store... But you notice in the address bar that it reads http://ripoff.XYZ.com) There are people out there that can direct you to where they want you... And you think you are in the right place!

3. Avoid anyone that requires Western Union or a bank wire transfer!

4. Avoid making purchases from anyone that does not list their full address and phone number. (You'd be surprised how many don't!)

PC... sorry they got you man... But the crooks are everywhere out there... and getting smarter and finding new scams all the time. If I were you... I would call your credit card company to ask that the amount they charged you be credited back to your account. They will ask if you have contacted the seller to try to work things out. Tell them they cannot be found and the CC company should credit you back for that purchase. (Just tell them that you never received the part!) The seller can the ask them (One more time) to charge you for the part. You have one more time to object and have it taken off... Then it would go to court.

I doubt this guy is going to surface to raise any objections... If he does... You have another lead to follow.

I've spent the last 15+ years working with people that have been scammed... As well as showing people how to get credit... keep credit... and how to repair their credit after unfortunate circumstances have taken their toll.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions... I'd be more than happy to help if I can.

Rick
Old 04-13-2005, 02:34 AM
PORSCHE CLUB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rick i appreciate your advice, and this is what i shall be watching out for next time. wasnt aware, but i shall be much more careful, but please take heed everyone

Quick Reply: WARNING – Crooked parts seller on the net !