Sponsored by:

can you identify these springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:04 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default can you identify these springs

hi guys, i just picked up these springs on ebay for a very good price, but the seller is not sure what they are apart that the rear ones have eibachs on them here is what the add said and the picture

hese are a set of Eibach lowering springs for the Porsche 964 965 C2 or C4. The rears are marked- 38/95 AND343950 SP/RR The fronts have no markings and I am not sure even if they are actually Eibach springs, they look like they could even be stock springs.They seem to be the same length as my H&R sport lowering springs if not a little lower Sold as is good luck.

any idea
thanks for the help
Old 04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 04-04-2005, 09:51 PM
IrocMan
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello,

The front springs you have here are different than the Eibach lowering ones (usually 30 mm).It looks that they are linear springs, vs progressive for the rear ones.

I would suggest to check their strength before to use them
Old 04-04-2005, 09:58 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

so do you think they are stock springs??
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 PM
IrocMan
Pro

probably
you have to measure before to do anything with them
except if someone can tell you what they are
Old 04-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Colin 90 C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front springs look like stock M030. I believe that the green color coding identifies them as such.
If they are shorter than your stock springs then they may ROW as they were shorter.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:48 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

are stock mo30 shorter than stock??
Old 04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Option M030 springs for the 964 are not shorter. However there are two sets, ROW and USA. Each respective set for each respective version does not lower.
ROW ones on a US version does lower the ride height a little bit. USA ones on a ROW version raises it.
The rear springs you have are manufactured by Eibach for Andial. The Andial springs are 964 RS rate. I do not know that they are actually lowering springs. I believe they are not. I have heard a lot about them (very long story) but never seen a set.
The front springs are green dot which means standard front springs for the 1992 model year 964 and 964 Turbo.
These two sets of springs can only work together if the Andial springs are NOT lowering springs.
If the Andial springs do lower then you have wasted your money on the fronts. They will have a Porsche part number on them. If not chuck em out.
It is a pity you did not get the matching front springs as well
I have the Max Moritz (MM) made by Eibach spring system upon which these Andial springs were modelled upon except the Andial versions are 40mm longer than mine.
The MM springs are 964 RS rate designed for the Koni sports struts and shock absorber which were specially built for the 1989 and 1990 model year 964s. No longer available I am afraid.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eibach springs sold by Andialhave RS on the label but I am not sure that they have exactly the same rates as the RS. I looked also in the subject and there was a member that had worked for Eibach USA and had different information. If I am not mistaken these springs have softer rates than the original RS. Do a search on Eibach and Andial so you can see the info. The pictures are of the set sold by ANdial

Adrian do you have any pictures on your springs?
Cheers
´
Attached Images    
Old 04-05-2005, 09:25 PM
IrocMan
Pro

Funny.
I have these in a box. There is nothing labeled 'RS', that's a fantasy Andial added. So I think you are right : they aren't RS specific.
Except if they sale them for RS America.

Do you talk about RS America or RS ?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by burgass
Eibach springs sold by Andialhave RS on the label but I am not sure that they have exactly the same rates as the RS. I looked also in the subject and there was a member that had worked for Eibach USA and had different information. If I am not mistaken these springs have softer rates than the original RS. Do a search on Eibach and Andial so you can see the info. The pictures are of the set sold by ANdial

Adrian do you have any pictures on your springs?
Cheers
´
Nope they are on the car and digital cameras were not invented when I installed them
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:04 AM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talk about the normal RS not America
Old 02-12-2011, 07:22 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Hi Guys,

I'm resurrecting this old thread. I just purchased a used set of Eibach Springs, front and rear and need some assistance. I've searched everywhere online for any lead and all I find is this thread. The springs I have are marked as such:

Fronts: Eibach 42/92 AND343950 SP/RR and measure 14.5" long
Rears: Eibach 43/92 AND343950 SP/RR and measure 12" long

Are these considered progressive, linear, or something else. Can one tell from looking at the picture above?

This thread leads me to believe they may be special Andial springs from the early-mid 90's. I cannot find anything related to spring rates anywhere. They came combined with what appear to be standard BOGE shocks (Rears marked 964 333 051 02. The standard BOGE shocks end in 05), but I'm thinking the 02 was superceded with an 05. The rears have an adjustable perch attached to the shock body.

My first enquiry is to what the spring rates might be, or where I can go to locate this info. Does anyone have an Eibach technical person they know and trust? Second question is how low can I get the car with these springs, and 3rd is why would this set-up come with what appears to be a stock damper? I was told by seller that this was close to a Euro RS set-up, from Andial, back in the day. They are in excellent shape.

If I can determine this is indeed a close RS spring set-up, I'd ask for suggestions for a good matched set of dampers. I want to lower the car to slightly higher than Euro RS, and want an aggressive to very aggressive street set-up with the capability to run in the fast group on track 3-4 times a year. My car is an early 91, so the rear limits the damper choices somewhat.

Any assistance from you guys will be very much appreciated. I noticed another thread that Gus started a couple years back outlining his Andial Eibachs, very similar to these, same numbers, but the letters RS/F (his) vs SP/RR(mine) are different.

Many Thanks Guys....

Last edited by christallon; 02-13-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:35 AM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

I looked through several Excellence mags last night circa 1993-1997. I looked at all the Andial ads and located Eibach springs that were being sold as Sport Springs in 93-94, and slalom springs noted as RS in 95-96. Sadly there was no further information. I'm going to guess the SP springs I have are the sports sold prior to the RS springs. I will call Andial tomorrow and ask for any info they may recall about these. I sure wish I could find the spring rates, and if they are considered progressive. I want to match them up with appropriate struts/dampers.

I'm also guessing from the length of these springs, that I'm not going to get the car down to Euro RS ride Ht. Looks like at most might be 25-30 MM lower, if that. I'm so confused.... Where's Adrian these days?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:18 AM
IrocMan
Pro

WOW that's a bump
Interested to read ourselves 6 years ago !
From memory they are 30mm shorter than regular euro specs.

Let me check what I have in the garage this week, I may still have a couple eibachs and some notes I had taken when these were on the car. Unfortunately I sold the front ones to a friend who needed them but I still have the rear ones somewhere.