Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I colour blind ? is this car blue or silver?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 05:43 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Adrian,

My car was a special ordered color. And yes, the color was on a list someone just listed on the 964 board about 2 weeks ago.

I am hoping that there are only a few of the C2 Turbos with my color to make it even more special.
http://members.rennlist.com/dtdvo67/c2turbo6.html

Please see the link above to see the document I got from Porsche authenticity program.

Sonny Vo
Old 11-19-2001, 01:44 AM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Zermatt Silver, a really beautiful color a bit more pewter than other silvers, was the factory paint applied to my (sadly, now long-gone) 1986 951. It is special-order or extra cost color of long standing from Porsche.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:29 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally posted by Adrian:
<STRONG>PS: This is for John. There are some very professional paint repair places in the world and these guys can make the auto look like brand new. We have one near us. If the body is completely stripped down and done again professionally only the documention will show up inconsistencies.</STRONG>
Mystery solved. I went all over the car today trying to find evidence of a repaint and finally found it. The rubber cushion on the engine lid is wearing away the paint and lo and behold there is a clear indication of a coat of horizon blue metallic paint underneath whatever silver I now have.

Can't say it worries me though; it took two hours to find the evidence. The repainters must have stripped the car bare and replaced most of the stickers i.e. a professional job. The car drives like a dream so accident damage isn't a concern.

350km of windy road driving tommorrow (by myself) who could ask for more ?
Old 12-23-2001, 07:03 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Big Mac,

Your car reminds me of a beautiful Porsche color on the SC in the early '80s called Ice Blue Metallic. This looked silver with a hint of blue. At the same time, Porsche also had Ice Green Metallic. Same idea, just a hint of green.

Nice color.

Richard
'87 Carrera 3.6L
Old 12-27-2001, 05:24 AM
leslie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Mac,
Hi! It's Leslie from Singapore. Glad to see that you settled (for want of a better word) for the beautiful 964 3.6 turbo in the pictures.
I know of 1 paint shop here that is the likely culprit for the paint job and you are right, he is as a_al as they get.
Do you have the original Singapore registration number of the car? Shall try and ask about it for you if you can get that info for me.
Meanwhile, plenty of cold showers and ENJOY!
Old 12-27-2001, 04:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally posted by leslie:
<STRONG>Big Mac,
Hi! It's Leslie from Singapore. Glad to see that you settled (for want of a better word) for the beautiful 964 3.6 turbo in the pictures.
I know of 1 paint shop here that is the likely culprit for the paint job and you are right, he is as a_al as they get.
Do you have the original Singapore registration number of the car? Shall try and ask about it for you if you can get that info for me.
Meanwhile, plenty of cold showers and ENJOY!
</STRONG>
Hi Leslie, long time no talk!

None of my records show the original Singapore registration or owner. I've been in contact with Andrew Ang at Stuttgart Auto, but he thought the car was still Horizon Blue from the digital images so I don't think he remembers this car much at all.

It was first registered on 26 June 1993 and was definitely Horizon Blue Metallic. Mr Ang has the record of the car, but seems to be tight-lipped about previous ownership. There is maybe one clue; I have Mr. Ang's business card and written on the back is Siew Leng 2211288 Citicorp.

Any help you could give would be very much appreciated.

Good to see you got your RS!!

Quick Reply: Am I colour blind ? is this car blue or silver?