Sponsored by:

Review: PowerHaus 964 Valve Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 02:01 AM
Thom Fitzpatrick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Review: PowerHaus 964 Valve Covers

I bought a set of PowerHaus' CNC Billet aluminum (aka aluminium) valve covers, as my stock ones were warped and leaking bad - I measured a 2mm 'curve' across the face!

Anyway, I installed one of the intake ones tonight. Overall, the fit and finish is great, although I would have done some things differently. For example, I would have made the spark plug holes the same size as the originals. The new covers have a 1cm larger hole, so the stock plug end isn't secure. This also resulted in an air leak around the plug, of course. I rectified that by sliding on an earlier-model's spark plug seal. Either this was an oversight, or there's a difference between my application and what they intended these to be used for. They also didn't make the 'loop' at the end, which also means the cover won't hold the wire end like the stock one does.

On the exhausts, I had to send the cover back to have the stud-holes recessed; they either forgot to do it, or it wasn't part of the intended design. They're fixing this for me. They also don't have a provision for the spark plug holders, another potential problem in my case, as my headers are right *there*.

These pieces are kinda spendy, but they're very high quality. From discussions with PowerHaus, these are still kinda in 'beta' mode, but obviously have have a CNC program already dialed in for them. They'd be a great product if they could rectify the small engineering issues.

Quick Reply: Review: PowerHaus 964 Valve Covers