Sponsored by:

Installation of harness in rear of RSA

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 09:24 PM
DaveRSA
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installation of harness in rear of RSA

Struggling with how to attach shoulder harness belts in rear of my RSA. Have harness guide bar, but do not want to mount to this??? Thanks
Old 10-29-2001, 11:54 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
This ones a pain. I would suggest getting a harness with a long enough shoulder strap to go over the seat through the harness bar loops and to the floor either behind the seat or to the same loop as the lap belt. (but check with whatever sanctioning body you are going to be racing with, some of them do not allow multiple belts attached to the same mounting point. Don't wrap it around the harness bar unless it is one that is specifically designed for it. I think only the stainless steel and the truss type are approved for that kind of mounting. If yours is a late 93 or 94, you may still find the seatbelt mounting inserts under the carpet under the package tray. If it is an earlier car they do not have the inserts welded into place due to them being euro RS tubs. Otherwise drill the floor and add some stiffening plates. (my least favorite idea).
Good luck, let me know how you solve it.

Regards
Old 11-02-2001, 12:23 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts
Cool

The USA Carrera Cup and the Euro RS car came with the usual threaded inserts for the rear passenger shoulder straps still installed at the top sides of the rear bulkhead. These are what the factory uses to mount a shoulder strap directly to, as I do. Or you could attach a fabricated cross tube for straps as well. I don't know if the threads are on an RSA, if they are, they are on the flat section below the rear window about 1 inch behind where the carpeted rear firewall breaks from vertical to horizontal and about 3 inches or so toward the midline of the car from each side. The holes are threaded for standard seat belt mounting hardware so you can use a standard eyebolt. If you can feel holes there under the firewall carpet you may have these mounting points on your RSA. Good luck. Let me know if you have.

Quick Reply: Installation of harness in rear of RSA