Vanity Plates!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 58 Posts
Thumbs up Vanity Plates!?!?

Hey guys!
I've always thought that vanity plates are stupid. I know this has come up before, but I've always said that I'd never get one.

Well, I was at the RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles) today in Boston, acquiring a new set of plates for my 944 that is almost road-worthy. I decided to ask about the charity plates available.

(You can pay extra for plates that have a picture on the side, and the proceeds go to a special fund or charity. For example, there is a Lighthouse picture and the funds go to a tourist fund on Cape Cod, or there's a Fish picture and the money goes to a Wildlife fund.)

I had seen a poster for a "Red Sox" plate with proceeds going to the Jimmy Fund. She showed me an example of each plate and I decided on the Red Sox plate for the 944, and then I noticed a Whale plate with the following registration number: "911C"

I asked about switching the plates on my C4 (back home in my garage) and the clerk consented! I just need to turn back the other plates soon.

My wife thinks people will tease me for the vanity plate - but how could I pass up that stroke of luck??? Plus, I don't think it's a vanity plate unless you order it specifically with your desired "message". She says that nobody will believe that I got that randomly.
(Maybe she'd be right if it was 911C4)

I'll post a pic when I have a chance...
Old 05-08-2003, 04:18 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts
<a href="http://www.state.ma.us/rmv/vanity/index.htm" target="_blank">Massachusetts Vanity Plate Registry</a>
Old 05-08-2003, 05:04 PM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 58 Posts
aha!
Jason - Thanks for the link.

So, in MA, Vanity Plates must start with 2 letters.

This plate would be worth some cash in England...

Quick Reply: Vanity Plates!?!?