Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNICHIP experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 03:34 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 12 Posts
Bit late on this thread...but my 2 cents worth.

I installed the dastek unichip in my car over a year ago, then used it in conjunction with the 993 varioram system on my 964.

In both cases, it did not live up to my expectations- for me its all about seat of the pants improvements- i did not feel any signficant change with the unichip....

at the end of the day, i will repeat what i strongly believe (and after spending much money)- Porsche knew what they were doing in making a drivable high performance car in the 964...the only conversion i would now ever spend my moey on would be a ruf RCT conversion, everything else to me is a compromise.

by the way, if any one wants it, the dastek unichip is for sale....as is the varioram complete with 993 air intake system...though i would strongly advise against any one spending their money on this unless they have an insatiable curiosity.

harold<a href="http://members.rennlist.com/complete964" target="_blank">Complete 964</a>
Old 07-03-2002, 09:50 PM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an Amd chip and will be having an independant dyno run on monday - will post the results.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Christer
Race Car

[quote]Originally posted by tonytaylor:
<strong>I have an Amd chip and will be having an independant dyno run on monday - will post the results.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tony, probably not much good unless you got the dyno done before the chip was installed. Without the base value we have no way of knowing what the gain is. But interested to see what you have.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:10 PM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

I have a before and after dyno plot from Amd but an independant run will confirm or otherwise the result of the chip.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:26 AM
Christer
Race Car

[quote]Originally posted by tonytaylor:
<strong>I have a before and after dyno plot from Amd but an independant run will confirm or otherwise the result of the chip.</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is interesting. I/we have been keen to look at a before and after plot from AMD for a long while now. Looking forward to that!

Quick Reply: UNICHIP experience