Sponsored by:

Blatant promotion of www.porsche964.co.uk

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
John Miles
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blatant promotion of www.porsche964.co.uk

Been a bit busy to spend a lot of time on P-car forums recently. However, a quick browse just now uncovered a number of threads here where the answers are ready and waiting on www.porsche964.co.uk .

I think I have structured the site pretty well for easy navigation to help you find what you are a looking for. However, I have added a Search button on the bottom left. Check it out; e.g. searching for 'distributor belt' should give you all the answers.

Cheers,
John
Old 03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
John Miles
Pro

Wink

PS.....964 Devon Weekend happening again this year, June 11/12.
More details soon.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A great resource. I've been using it for some 4 years or so now and it gets better and better........
Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Good to see you're around, John. You're site is still a reference now as it was back in the earlier days.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
CraigyB

Rennlist Member

Ditto ! Certainly one of the best, if not the best 964 site on the web imho.
It's easy to take the internet for granted, as in a lot of ways it's impersonal, the information is out there, you search find it..job done and rarely a thankyou or thought to the people who spent all the time and effort putting it together. So thanks, your website has added to the pleasure of owning a 964 for me
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the great site, John! I love it!
Brian
Old 03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
CHASE
Instructor

Great site John, I spent a lot of time browsing your site before deciding on a 964. I would love to be able to attend your weekend in june, I dont remember seeing an Amazon green c2 in your weekend photos. What does it cost to ferry over the pond anyway
Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

This site is where I researched & read all the original reviews before deciding on a 964! Its helped me time & time again. It even gets credit for helping me find Rennlist (thanks for sucking away all those hours I shoulda spent working or with my family John...sheez!! )

Seriously thanks...
Old 03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

John
Used your site to fix my 'smile' (chin spoiler)
THANK YOU
Old 03-02-2005, 08:26 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

John - if you don't mind me saying so, the design isn't one of your best - your recent sites have been much easier to navigate and nicer designs.

I find the 964 site tricky to find the things I know are there - the search function will certainly help.

Go on - redesign it without frames
Old 03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
John Miles
Pro

Originally Posted by robmug
John - if you don't mind me saying so, the design isn't one of your best - your recent sites have been much easier to navigate and nicer designs.

I find the 964 site tricky to find the things I know are there - the search function will certainly help.

Go on - redesign it without frames
I would love to redesign it....but quite a task. There is 152Mb of content (not including the photo galleries) in over 200 pages...all designed in Frontpage three or four years ago. No use of DWTs or CSS styles or libraries....

Can you imagine the cut and pasting required!!! I think it will have to wait.... and it's like my 964 with it's D90s and Flag mirrors. I've come to love the corny design and colour scheme.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Always a site that I refer to early on to answer a question (besides Adrian's book, p-car, and here). It is a treat and I disagree with Rob - I think the design is fine.

Marc
Old 03-02-2005, 06:09 PM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent website John! I was just thinking few days ago how it would be awesome if we had a diy site like p-car.com for our 964's. I find myself reading lots on the 993 based diy and always wished there would be something for us.

I browsed your site briefly. Do you have a diy? can others contribute diy projects and post them on your site?

thanks, Jaime
Old 03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been reading through "101 Projects for your Porsche 911" and came to the same conclusion - a DIY book or site like p-car would be an excellent idea.

While threads are available here with some guides with pictures for doing some things, I think that (understandably) disk space can be a problem so, in time, the pictures are purged. It makes it alot harder to follow an old thread when the discussion is about a picture if it is no longer there.

A DIY site, either as an offshoot of this site (supplementing the tech articles already available) or adding to John's site would be great. I'd have a couple of (novice, newbie, easy) things to contribute too.

Marc
Old 03-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Richard Curtis
Rennlist Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the stream of updates by 964 owners, although last time I checked the site, there hadn't been any updates in quite some time. I'm willing to contribute my own although I've been an owner less than a year. Love the site, though, and I understand how difficult it is to keep a site fresh with new material. Thanks for doing what you've done.

Quick Reply: Blatant promotion of www.porsche964.co.uk