Sponsored by:

90 c2 headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 06:14 PM
duck1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 90 c2 headlights

I have a 1990 C2 that I would like to improve with better headlights. The stock units have a 'fog' on the inside of the glass and the performance is poor. I would like to clean the inside of the lenses if that is possible. Also is there a better lighting system, either bulbs or new lights entirely that works well on this car? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:57 PM
GeoC2cab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
High,
The whole headlight unit is replaceable including the lens, I think around 58 dollars, the fog won't come out,it happens when the headlight is dying, if you replace your headlamps u should notice your beams are back to normal;how bright u like it is a matter of personal preference.I do believe there are after market lighting systems. It is adviseable to replace both lamps at the same time so the beams are equal,it might take a little while to change them and get them to throw the right beam, its kind of a pain in the rear end to get the right adjustment. Good luck........
Geo.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:51 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
I had one headlight get at bit of a fogged lens. It was continually written up on the service requests as needing replacement but at $125 each it could wait. I took the headlight off, poured alcohol (save the good vintage, use rubbing alcohol...) and swished it around the headlight. Poured it out and tada! clear lens. You need to check and see if water or something is getting into the light assembly and causing the fog. Also make sure that all the alcohol vaporizes prior to sealing it up again.

Then I went out out and purchased upgraded bulbs for the stock lights. Don't go too crazy or you can melt the stock lampholders.
The xenon 100/55's seem to work great.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:15 AM
duck1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks for the input guys. I try your suggestions and let you know.

Rick
90C2

Quick Reply: 90 c2 headlights