Sponsored by:

Buying a 964RS in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 12:00 PM
Mark AW
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Buying a 964RS in Germany

I was thinking about going over to Germany from the UK to buy a 964RS. does anyone have any tips or German websites i can visit. Cheers
Old 09-04-2001, 12:12 PM
Rob McConnell
Racer

Hi
www.autoscout24.de www.mobil.de

Sorry its a bit short but i am just leaving the office. Will send longer reply tomorrow, have just brought back a c2 2 months ago

Regards
Rob
Old 09-04-2001, 12:49 PM
Riccardo
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

I think its a great idea! Do you speak German or have a friend which does?

Mind you, there are a few things to keep in mind. How will you bring the car back? If you want to drive it you will need insurance (budget about £200), and its hard to find cover for other than 3rd party. On the other hand trailering it back will cost around £500.

Also, you might have to SVA it with the DVLA, for which you need UK headlight lens (£40), mph speedo (about £250!!) and a few other bits and bobs. I have a rough idea of this because I was planning to bring in a C4 from Italy. Unfortunately, in my case it was too mcuh hassle considering the benefits, but I am sure that for an RS it would be worth it more.

Good websites? try German RS sales and Mobile (as opposed to the "mobil" in the previous post.

Let us know what you find out.

regards
Old 09-04-2001, 12:59 PM
GK
Intermediate

Hi Mark,

I bought mine at a Porsche Zentrum in Germany. Have a look at the listings in the Porsche web site: http://www.porsche.com -> then choose Germany and "Gebrauchtwagen" (or something like that).

There's usually at least one person that speaks English, so you should not have any problems with that.

Good luck with your search.

Giorgio.

Quick Reply: Buying a 964RS in Germany