Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking TSB on the Clock

I have heard mention many times about this Clock Technical Service Bulletin. Something about a cracked circuit board.
This is in regard to the Airbag Warn and Seat Belt Warn Lights that come on together (which they are supposed to under US Law). This data can be found in the Porsche Maintenance Manual.I have searched for this TSB but have not found it. I would like to get hold of a copy of it,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4
Old 09-03-2001, 02:50 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Adrian,

Sorry, wish I could help you more. All I know is that the dealer replaced my clock, it fixed the problem with the airbag light being locked in (and hasn't come on since), and they wrote on my receipt:

"Cust reports air bag light is on. Replaced clock due to circuit board per bulletin."

Notice the words "technical service" were omitted. Perhaps there is significance to this? Personally, I automatically assumed it was a TSB when the dealer wrote the word "bulletin."
Old 09-04-2001, 06:00 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

Dear Randall,
Is it possible to contact the dealer again and ask them. Nobody in Europe has ever heard of this problem or replacing the clock.
This TSB has been quoted many times over the past couple of years but I cannot find out anything about it,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

PS: All airbag faults have to be reset using a Bosch Hammer with the correct software installed. There are three different software packages depending on the model year in question. 1990, 1991 or 1993.

Quick Reply: TSB on the Clock