Cooling Ducts to replace fogs

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:50 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
PC2,
You said it took some hacking and drilling of the bumper to install the duct. Does this mean if I decided to return the car to original it wouldnt be possible without repariring the hacking or would it be hidden?

The hacking involves cutting away the back plate and drilling a hole on the inner side of the bumper for the mounting posts on the ducts. Cutting the back plate was not hard just a bit gruesome. The only difficulty in the installation process was drilling the holes properly for alignment of the mounting posts. You'll also need to remove the US bumperettes and drill out the rivets to release the mounting hardware. (see Kahdmus's post) Be careful not to enlarge the holes left by the rivets, it can be used for mounting the ducts.

You can consider this installation semi-irreversible because of all the hacking BUT they will be hidden when you put back the fog lights. If your creative you can even put back the original bumperettes, if not you can always use the clear bumperettes which utilizes the same mounting hole as the the ducts.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:36 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I will wait my turn some other time Wilson ! Good luck. Keep us informed on how it goes. Its a spring project for me!
Thanks PC2 thats what I was hopeing you could do
Off to The Rolex in the morning
Old 02-08-2005, 08:41 AM
WilsonAnderson
Advanced

Jim,

How was Rolex?

Wilson
Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It was a blast. We got into the garage and pit area and got to chat with Tony Stewart, Kurt Bush and Bobby Labonty. The new Fan Zone at the track is pretty cool. Lots of 911's going around but the DP cars would blow by like they were standing still. I put a few pictures on a thread sunday of the Porsche corral and a few of the old GTP cars. Was hard to get a photo with the digital camera as the cars were by before the camera clicked The Lowenbraugh car is my all time favorite. Saw it race at Daytona and Sebring in its hayday.
Did ya win the Ducts?
Old 02-08-2005, 11:41 AM
jdodson
Advanced

Wilson -

I hit an "alligator" (full truck retread) in the middle of I-95 late one dark night. It took out all the bumper mounted lights in the driver side of the car. I found an excellent replacement for the fog light through Performance Products for about $150. It was a perfect match and simply screwed into the old mounting. At the same time I bought heavy clear plastic films for about $25 to put over the lenses of the fog lights and hopefully protect them from further damage.

Jim

Quick Reply: Cooling Ducts to replace fogs