Re: Opening 661 Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:45 PM
GP964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Opening 661 Motorsports

Hi All,

Just read the replies on my previous post of "Opening 661 Motorsports".

My intention was in no way to advertise and promote my business without becoming a member of Rennlist. Its a great website that i've been on this since Aug 2001.

John Boggiano- If there was anything I did wrong, I would have expected and email from you (the moderator) stating my error so that I may have corrected the issue, instead I find to receive a closed, blocked tread showing fellow rennlisters my wrong doing. John B. FYI, before you attack and go for the kill, please verify with Jennifer Munson that I have paid for the membership already.

Thank you

Lee-John Vasquez
661 Motorsports

Original Message;

""Not fair to those who sponsor Rennlist or those who pay for memberships to support it, or to John D. and Jenn who are, in effect, working to promote your business...

I'll leave this up, but locked, so people can see the reason it was blocked.

I'll also block out the email address...""
Old 12-28-2004, 02:26 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GP, I think the problem is not that you are not a paying member [as I know that sometimes takes a while to update], but that you can only advertise for a company that you have a vested interest in if you are a Rennlist Site sponsor--that is probably what the problem is.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, there are some members here that feel as if they have to take the uper hand in some of the situations here rather than leaving it to the moderators. They want to immediately correct any mistake that they may find, while doing it in a condisending way. I attribute this to the fact that they actually have the need to protect other members of lessor knowlege or experience from the evils of the world. Another reason could simply be that they get their jollies from making you look like an idiot so they may maintain their swelling ballcaps.

I myself have made very good debatable issues that by a mistake in one sentence of a full page debate had gotten bombarded with snide and negative comments. It is my beleif that these individuals have no abilities of their own and the only way that they could possibly get any recognition is to beat someone down that may have made an error, without even doing any investigation of their own.

You have to understand that we do have an ecexellent group of experts and novists here and they are all here to help. In retrospect to the origanal comment, the people here are great to communticate with and have nothing but good intentions. Even if there suggestions aren't 100% completely accurate they do try there best to help and that holds alot of value in most cases. The more enformation you receive in a thread the more possibilities you will have for reaching your own determinations.

Any way to make a long story short, you have good a bad with everything. It's all in how you use it.

Duncan

PS, there will be someone who reads this artical and will not get past the first parragraph before they respond with a remark and that is there own limited copasity not mine.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ventoGT
GP, I think the problem is not that you are not a paying member [as I know that sometimes takes a while to update], but that you can only advertise for a company that you have a vested interest in if you are a Rennlist Site sponsor--that is probably what the problem is.
Yep. And most of the long timers see the rationale for that - it simply ain't fair on the owner of the site and those advertisers who support the site.

Duncan, sorry if someone annoyed you - but I don't think this is the same kind of situation at all.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:35 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GP,

You won't realise it, but spamming is a big problem for Rennlist and annoys a whole shed load (as we say here) of people.

I left your thread up but blocked as a kind of 'middle ground' option. Many mods would, I think you'll find, just have deleted the whole thing. I prefer to be, well, moderate.

Emails, PMs, etc. all take time to resolve things, during which people start hitting the 'Report Post' buttons...

You'll note that I didn't exactly 'attack' or 'kill', I think.

I left the thread up to indiacte to others not that you are 'the bad guy', but to explain why it was not OK to post like that.

Anyway, as someone once said, 'If you go around watching what you say all the time, you'll never get anything said at all!' Or something like that.

Good luck with the business, BTW.

Quick Reply: Re: Opening 661 Motorsports