Sponsored by:

carpet fasteners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 05:13 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carpet fasteners

Has anybody repaired their carpet in the luggage compartment and front panel so the fasteners that have popped out can be replaced ?? can the fasteners be bought and replaced or is it a case of having to replace the whole carpet and panel??
Paul
Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You can buy them from your local auto upholstery store/supplier. Basic stuff and easy to replace/repair.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got Southbound to repair mine for me (although I supplied the [original] fastners). They put a little leather patch around each one for extra strength.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Jacks911
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Paul, If you are a married man, as some of us are - this is an opportunity for the wife to get involved in your Porsche. My wife - who likes to stitch as a hobby - took me to the "Fabric store" and we found replacement Snap fasteners and backing fabric to repair the front carpet attachments. She did the stitching work of course [and a fine job I must add], and I installed the snaps, all at a very low overall cost. The cost naturally included the "other" stuff she bought !
Old 10-11-2004, 04:10 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine to a shoe repair store. They backed it with leather and replaced the snap for a few dollars each, while I waited.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM
dove
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacks911
Paul, If you are a married man, as some of us are - this is an opportunity for the wife to get involved in your Porsche. My wife - who likes to stitch as a hobby - took me to the "Fabric store" and we found replacement Snap fasteners and backing fabric to repair the front carpet attachments. She did the stitching work of course [and a fine job I must add], and I installed the snaps, all at a very low overall cost. The cost naturally included the "other" stuff she bought !
Jack great idea I'll put it to the boss

Paul

Quick Reply: carpet fasteners