Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Pulse for GPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Lon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We tried a different brand new GPS to rule out a faulty unit. It will get a speed pulse from the CCU and spoiler control module, but only at select speeds, not a continious range beginning at 0mph. I try to keep this thread bumped because I know someone has suffered this same scenario and can help with the solution. Tomorrow we are going to try the black/violet from the central informer. This is one wire the porsche manual says is a speed sender wire that we have not tried. The other solution would be if we could find out where to catch the corrected speed pulse , there is supposed to be a unit that recieves the signals from all 4 wheels then corrects the signal by dividing by 8 or something like that. If I can find that corrected signal maybe I can tap in there without affecting the ABS.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Lon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today this issue is solved. We had to add an Alpine Speed/Pulse sender unit and magnetize 135 degrees of the right front tire. But it works perfectly now. It just shouldnt have had to come to this. I am just glad it is over. Now I can ride and enjoy.

Thanks to all of you that provided your input.

Quick Reply: Speed Pulse for GPS