Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dreaded Fuse #11 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004 | 12:17 AM
Kabell
Track Day

Default Dreaded Fuse #11 Problem

Folks please put on the thinking caps. Despite having the definitive last word book by Adrian on the 964, I have been unable to troubleshoot a problem with fuse # 11 blowing. My multimeter shows 11.2 V across the poles of the fuse which indicates a ground fault to me and certainly why a 7.5 v fuse is blowing. I replaced a door switch on a previous occasion that fixed this same problem once before on the driver's side. This switch does not appear the source of the problem. What I need is to know is if I have missed any of the other switch locations and to know just what is tied into fuse # 11. I have found and tested the clock, the front luggage switch, both door switches, the interior light, the glove box light, the engine compartment lid light and ruled them all out as the source of the problem. Have I missed anything else tied to this fuse.

Also, is there anything that shows a diagram of where the wires run for all of the switches on this fused circuit to give an idea of now to trace the wiring to look for a fault? Would appreciate comments!
Old 08-26-2004 | 12:31 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure what #11 is for (and too lazy to look it up!)

I had a problem with my #16 blowing (PDAS/ABS) and eventually (thanks to Adrians unrelenting persistence to helping me track it down) I found the culprit: A screw had dropped below the tightly bound wiring going to the PDAS and the sharp tip was just piercing and making contact between the wires inside and the body in the trunk...removed it and instantly PROBLEM SOLVED. I would have given up had it not been for Adrian telling me to 'keep on checking' and follow ALL the wires from the fuse to the PDAS!
Old 08-26-2004 | 02:27 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kabell
Have I missed anything else tied to this fuse.
19-pin diagnostic port in the passenger footwell on the right hand side is also tied to fuse #11.
Old 08-26-2004 | 11:47 AM
Kabell
Track Day

Thanks for the comments. Was re-checking the glove box wiring and looked at the radio connection harness. There was a black wire loose. Have no idea at this point what it is supposed to connect to, but I capped it with a pigtail twist connector and re-checked the fuse #11 by bridging the fuse gap. Lo and behold, got a 0 voltage reading. Replaced the fuse and everything came back on line with no fuse blowing incident. Hooray!

Quick Reply: Dreaded Fuse #11 Problem