Sponsored by:

Makeover Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Rob W.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Makeover Pics...

Got the car back yesterday following a bit of a makeover. It needed some TLC after my brother-in-law had an argument with a grass bank on the way back from Le Mans, involving repairs to the front PU, new fog light, new front undertray and a new rear PU. He was paying for it and he's a bit skint so I felt honour bound to get it one as economically as possible. After pricing up the front undertray (3 piece from OPC) and the new rear PU I decided to go for an RS rear centre section and a front splitter which were considerably cheaper. I also decided to change the flags for Cup mirrors at the same time (at my cost) and instead of replacing the front fog changed to brake duct scoops. A small rust patch on the rear quarter where it meets the bumper was also remedied (at my cost whilst the spraygun was out).

I'm not convinced by the splitter or the scoops (or the RS centre section for that matter) so I'm a bit dejected at the moment. I really like the cup mirrors though. It's somewhat taken away my excitement for getting all the bits of bodywork sorted, but I'll probably get used to it. I think a set of clear indicator lenses might help. Part of me wishes I'd kept it all standard - but it's a bit late now

What's the verdict?

Rob W
Attached Images   
Old 08-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the rear centre section - I am getting one of those after a very gentle argument with a van last year (yes, insurance does take a while doesn't it). I also like the ducts - I will get those when my fogs are more damaged, and the splitter to me looks fine as well. Love the colour of the car as well.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Personally I'd have gone for a different front splitter but I think your car looks good.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob,
it look's great to me! I think it will grow on you after a bit.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

Rob,

The rear end looks very good indeed. Actually, I think it looks better than the "original". The cup mirrors are another improvement that makes the car look much younger. I agree that clear indicators would finish off the face-lift in great style. I'm saving up for a pair myself.

The front needs a bit of gettting used to, but it is none the worse for that.

I think you have a great loking car.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:46 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Rob,
IMHO it looks the part - the only thing I am a bit sceptical about is the front lip spoiler - everything else looks just great!

Best regards

Emilios

P.S. Have you considered replacing your orange indicators with clear?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:24 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

I think it looks badass, front splitter, mirrors, center section and all. I'd leave it just the way it is, maybe get the centers of the wheels done in the same color of the car and have the crest on the caps detailed up real nice.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Madridcab
Instructor

Have same colour as you, when I swapped the D90´s for 17" twists, I also did clear lenses, and the clear lenses makes a hell of a difference (almost more than the wheels), so in my opinion, a cheap but visually very effective mod on a dark car.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:27 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Rear section: Looks great
Aero mirrors: Looks amazing
Splitter: Somewhat neutral
Brake ducts: Look great (great color match)
Upgrading to clear lenses?: Will look perfect!
My 2¢

Brian

Quick Reply: Makeover Pics...