O/T: Unexpected Benefits of 964 Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:11 AM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default O/T: Unexpected Benefits of 964 Ownership

It's amazing the ways that Porsche ownership can enrich your life. For example, my A/C compressor died on me a few weeks ago. Due to my meagre budget, I do as much work as I can on the car rather than forking over big bucks to a shop, I decided to learn as much as I could about the A/C system before turning to a shop for help. Armed with replies from fellow Rennlisters (thanks springer and Dave) and Adrian's book I learned all I could about the A/C system. Also, shortly after buying my 964 I learned that it had a peculiar system called a "dry sump" oil system. Again, my curiosity got the better of me and I educated myself as to how this system actually works. This education wasn't wasted...
I'm currently a flight student working to earn my wings, and strangely enough, Porsche ownership has lessened my flight study load! It so happens that the A/C system in the T-34 trainer aircraft I am to fly is nearly identical to the one in my 964. And the T-34 also benefits from an oil system remarkably similar to that in my Porsche (although it does cool and lubricate an engine with 80 more horses than a GT-2). It just goes to show you, if you work hard enough, you can find almost any excuse to justify owning a Porsche.

Brian
Old 08-21-2004, 07:22 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Excellent!

Do you remember the Mooney/Porsche airplanes? I don't know much about airplanes, but remember this plane used a 911 engine!! And if you bought the plane in the late 1980's, I remember seeing the advertisments that you got a 911 1 year on a lease for free! (Well, not for free as you had to buy the plane )
Old 08-21-2004, 08:55 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Wow, I'd never heard that but it sounds like a great deal!
Brian

Quick Reply: O/T: Unexpected Benefits of 964 Ownership