Sponsored by:

Advice on a '90 C2 Cabriolet, ~2k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:14 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I only put my top cover on when I plan on going on the Interstate. Even short trips on it at 60-70 dont seem to do anything to it. I wouldnt go to far tho as the wind can mess up the headliner from what I have read. I havent noticed any problems tho. It looks better with it on but like you say these sun showers we get can be a real pain! I have never unzipped my window. Any wrinkles if any after being down a few days down go away in a couple hours in the sun. No scratches on mine either.

On another note I saw a twin of my car on SR436 last weekend getting on I-4 going towards Daytona. Anybody else got a white and blue cab in this area on Rennlist?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:24 PM
bic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another newbie question for you guys...

Since this car har has hardly been driven before I got a hold of it, I have been keeping the revs under 4,500rpm's to sort of break the car in again. I was planning on doing this for the first 500 miles or so. Do you think this is necessary or is the car already sufficiently broken in by now? I'm anxious to hear how she sounds at the peak of the power band...
Old 09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
bic
Instructor

Delivery

...and I just sent in my application to join the PCA.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bic
Any fellow Orlando forumers care to offer their opinion as to how Porsche of Orlando treats 964 owners? Do they give loaners when you take your car in for service?
Frist of all, welcome!!! Rennlist is a great source for information, and you will find the 964 section to be full of great people.

The Porsche dealer in Orlando: Nice bunch of folks. I have taken my car there for alignment, when I had a broken head stud (to replace all 24, reseal the engine while it was out, clutch replaced at that time as well, etc..), and the last time I took the car there was for an estimate of the A/C repair. They did a complete check and gave me a written estimate (I ended up doing the work myself due to the labor cost). As far as loaners, I have never needed one... so not sure how they go about that. Give them a visit, Cameron is good to talk to.

With less than 2,000 miles your car is pristine!!! Best to take as many photos as you can for your file. WOW!!! Glad to see you are doing the basic stuff before getting it back on the road. Cool!

Best of luck! Enjoy it in good health and let's get together so that I can see what these things looked like when it was new .
Old 09-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bic
Delivery...

...and I just sent in my application to join the PCA.
Another good investment is joining Rennlist, if you have not done so

Oh, and the local PCA Chapter gets together the first Monday of every month.

Florida Citrus PCA Chapter
Old 09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good earlier question was did you get as much paperwork from your grandfather as possible? Do you perhaps have the original window sticker? These are nice things to have for an original car for you and for any owner's after you & add value to the car (who knows how much, but it does add value ).

I had pretty much all the paperwork on my car from the prior owner (i.e. maint. receipts, window sticker and other things), and started a file where I put every receipt for work done on the car. It makes it easier to keep track of things than just throwing them in the glove box or worse yet throwing them out all together.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
bic
Instructor

I do have a lot of the original paperwork and it seems like I have every manual/booklet that came with the car, however I'm not exactly sure what I would be missing except for the window sticker. I'm pretty sure I don't have that.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:31 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes I notice people or dealerships fold the window sticker/sheet and put it in the pouch with the owner's manual, service manual or warranty booklet. This was the case for both of our BMW's and the 964, all of which were purchased used... I wouldn't be surprised if you found it in there!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:51 PM
bic
Instructor

Default New Pictures

So I got a chance to wash the car and take a few pictures of it today. Enjoy.

And lastly, a Ferrari that got in the way of one of my shots:

Old 10-02-2005, 09:52 PM
bic
Instructor

Oh wait, I forgot about this one. Last one, I swear:

Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Bates
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My goodness that is pretty paint, Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:39 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Just an unbelievable car complete with D90s, one of my favorite wheels (next to Fuchs, of course)
Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 PM
johnjohnc2
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I must bump this old thread... Look at the pictures on this last page, its just car-****....
Old 02-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere

This car has been one of the longest-running "For Sale" sagas ever. Last try was eBay, don't think it ever successfully sold.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
johnjohnc2
Instructor

Aha? ok... why? To high price?

Quick Reply: Advice on a '90 C2 Cabriolet, ~2k miles