Sponsored by:

964 Targa questions from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:53 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacks911
John - and others ... I agree the lime green is great. My '76 Targa was a metallic lime green and pretty close to your cars color John. I loved it and had many nice comment - but the funny thing was - every Porsche broker I spoke with when I was ready to sell said "everybody wants Red, Silver or Black. You'll never sell that car". I just happen to like colors Other than R, S, & B, and I am happy to see you agree.
When I bought my 964, the dealer that I bought it from stated that nobody wanted this car due to it's color... The color was the first thing that drew me to the car...

My C2
Old 08-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, that is a gorgeous color and while I can understand people not being in love with lime green or signal orange, I would have thought yours had broad appeal?!!?
Old 08-24-2004, 04:47 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tay, when I lived in Seattle I used Squires in Bellevue. They are a no nonsense shop. Worth checking in to. Whereabouts in Seattle to you live. I lived on 169th St SE in Bellevue near Lake Samamish.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Jay, that is a gorgeous color and while I can understand people not being in love with lime green or signal orange, I would have thought yours had broad appeal?!!?
Howard: Thank you for the compliment. I do like the color quite a bit. I remember the saleman 'warning' me a bit before I drove the two hours down to see the car for the first time that the color was not a typical color. They took the car in trade in June and didn't have any real interest in it until I bought it in late October of that year. They blamed the color for part of the lack of interest.

Jay
90 964
(I do like lime green and signal orange too!)

Quick Reply: 964 Targa questions from a newbie