Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie with '92 C2 enroute, wadda I do when it gets here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:55 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOWBIRD
all the idiot lights work at startup... But I think it the top alarm, that idiot light is on
when my top was broken, (the alloy arm snap), the idiot light stay on.
it was cause by left side motor cable failture, I replace both side. When i have the car back, the idiot light didn't come on.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:11 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nine64: I am awaiting the aluminum frame now... I am going to have my mechanic install it and fix a few other problems... That is the light that is staying on. Your car has black seats and red piping? I bet it is sharp..
Old 08-26-2004, 04:19 PM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nine64: I am awaiting the aluminum frame now... I am going to have my mechanic install it and fix a few other problems... That is the light that is staying on. Your car has black seats and red piping? I'm sure that is sharp looking..

A Little Update... Lets see its day 12....
So far I have broken the roof support because I didn't know to watch for it not going up evenly... Then being stupid enough to hold my finger on the button while I could hear it binding... At that point I had the car LESS than 30 minutes... I have a bad resistor on the AC. I have to clean cloudy headlamps... Not bad, I am so in love with the car it would need be a couple big items before I'd wish I had something different. That Porshe poster says it right; "It's like children. You can't understand until you've had one."
Old 08-26-2004, 04:32 PM
splattergasted
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...if it makes you feel better...I sprung 2 leaks...an oil leak at the oil filter adapter and a slight leak of the power steering fluid. Mechanic said the oil adapter is an easy fix..part is expensive; but, only an hour of labor. For the power steering...the part is $25; but, I was quoted 5 hours of labor!! PPI's dont catch everything.

Quick Reply: Newbie with '92 C2 enroute, wadda I do when it gets here?