Hot engine, clutch pedal not returns for 100%

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 07:02 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Hot engine, clutch pedal not returns for 100%

Hello,

I know we discussed this often, but I think I am having my old problem back.

In the last couple of months, driving in stuck traffic and on warm days, the cutch pedal not returns for 100% after using it. The Clutch works fine, it doesn't slip under load at that time. I suspect the slave cylinder on the gear box who is getting pretty hot there and starts to clamp. After the car cooled down in a longer drive with almost no clutch use, the pedal is normal again.

I know a lot of people have/had this problem before, but most of the changed the master and slave cylinder then, but I think the Master cylinder stays cool enough and is ok.I bled the brake and clutch fluid last November, so that seems to be fine then.

I solved this problem a few years ago with good luck I guess, but this ajustment of the pedal doesn't work right now......

Any good idea's??

What will cost a slave cylinder + hose?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:27 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

I ordered a new slave cylinder and hose this morning. Costs: 108 Euro's [129,00 US $]
I hope it will work out with this repair. It should be logical, but you know how it is, sometimes it's the opposite of something.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Arjan, i've got a slight prob. to with the clutch. The poke feels sticky when its warm, and sometimes it doesn't get out of the gear and must i push it.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Rich W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem for a long time, mostly at the track, but sometimes in traffic on hot days. After bleeding the slave cylinder several times (and just about everything else) I finally replaced the slave cylinder.

I haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Sire, The sticky gear selection is normal, but then you are driving really fast when this is the case....... It leaves as soon you slow in speed. Getting pretty hot under there.

Rich......... sounds great, I'll wait for the result as soon I installed the slave. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Hot engine, clutch pedal not returns for 100%