Sponsored by:

heater/blower part

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Katharine
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater/blower part

I don't know the proper terminology, but the control for the heater is out. THus, hot air is always blowing into the foot-well; and the fan has finally quit. THus, no A/C. Performance Auto (Malvern) says the new part is c. $900, so he looking for a used part. Anyone help out here with this? Thanks to you all. One could spend their life reading this forum: its informative and funny!
Old 07-07-2004, 11:16 PM
shadopadla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sour grapes with the A/C. Is the hot air coming from the vent itself, or from the side? Cause I had superheated air blowing into my passenger footwell regardless of a/c settings, and turned out to be a 20 dollar hose had come loose. if the CCU quit that sucks, good luck sourcing a part, but maybe instead of having a roasting car inside you can have an air cooled-window down, reasonable one in the meantime!

Tyler
Old 07-07-2004, 11:29 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try 20th Street Auto. I bought used wheels from them and know people who have also had good experiences with this company.
Good luck!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Katharine:
From your description, I would bet the problem is the 3" diameter hose that's behind the kick panel in your footwell. There's one on each side, and they have a tendency of becoming disconnected.

The right one came off on my car, but I've heard it happening on either side. It is a 15 minute job to re-attach it and tighten the hose clamp that secures it.

.. Gregg

Quick Reply: heater/blower part