Sponsored by:

Carbone.pl AC Control Panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 01:04 PM
Greesh
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbone.pl AC Control Panel

Has anyone here purchased Carbone’s AC Control Panel?

After waiting a few months for the latest build of these AC units, I finally received mine with great enthusiasm. To my surprise there appears to be an obvious design flaw that they are trying to pass off as intended. The issue is this, the center dial has no way of affixing itself onto its post, nor does it turn the post in order to regulate its function. This dial sits slightly higher than its 2 identical counterparts and when sliding onto its post, it merely fits so loosely that it falls right off if you turn the unit upside down. Unlike the other dials which all adequately snap and lock into place. Upon contacting their support person and sending pics to explain the issue, he came back to me with a most absurd response. That being to permanently glue the dial in place using plastic glue and that other panels they sell are identical in design. I’m finding this very hard to believe that they would design it like this because all the pictures I find of this unit on their website and social media show this dial to sit flush with its 2 identical counterparts. Furthermore that by permanently gluing this 1 center dial will make it very difficult if not impossible to later remove without damaging the unit it when servicing is required.

I must say that I’m rather appalled at the way Carbon.pl is mishandling this matter. This is a clear recall situation that they are trying to pan off in a very unprofessional and petty manner. I already have a very bad taste from all the back and forth emails of haggling of how to cheaply remedy this problem. The unit is rather pricey and as such must be a properly working and finished unit. I’m curious if anyone else has recently or in the past had such an issue?

Last edited by Greesh; 07-25-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 01:56 PM
nk993
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

theres a thread about this still on the first or second page....

also yes, their quality isnt the best and their communication 10x worse.

edit: actually its in the 993 section https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-controls.html

Last edited by nk993; 07-25-2024 at 01:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Greesh (07-25-2024)
Old 07-25-2024, 02:20 PM
Greesh
4th Gear

Originally Posted by nk993
theres a thread about this still on the first or second page....

also yes, their quality isnt the best and their communication 10x worse.

edit: actually its in the 993 section https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-controls.html
Thanks bro 👍🏼
Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 250 Posts

The described customer service is sadly in line with my experiences too, but for other products. I don't want to trade with, or contact them again.
Cheers,
Tore
The following 2 users liked this post by ToreB:
Greesh (Today), nk993 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:55 AM
TakeFour
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

As you say, not a cheap part! Send it back and get a refund. Overpriced crap
Greesh (Today)
Old Today, 02:06 AM
spartansix
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
The described customer service is sadly in line with my experiences too, but for other products. I don't want to trade with, or contact them again.
Cheers,
Tore
Sadly my experience too. Luckily I learned this after spending just 200 euros before placing a 5k order for interior parts.
Greesh (Today)
Old Today, 07:53 AM
misteralz
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Carbone are weird. It's almost like they've gotten too big too quickly, and discovered Porsche tax but applied it to everything. Face to face, they're great. Some of their products and builds are great as well - I've seen Queen and Criollo in the flesh and the quality was high. Their Redrum interior package feels a bit AliExpress, however. I was interested in their AC panel when I first saw it - and when it was going to be 800€ - but it went on sale at 2k. Nope. They also sell the SQR46DAB for double what it costs literally anywhere else. And they *never* respond to emails in anything like a reasonable time frame. But dealing with them face to face, where you can see exactly what you're getting? Yeah, great.
Old Today, 03:02 PM
Greesh
4th Gear

Originally Posted by misteralz
Carbone are weird. It's almost like they've gotten too big too quickly, and discovered Porsche tax but applied it to everything. Face to face, they're great. Some of their products and builds are great as well - I've seen Queen and Criollo in the flesh and the quality was high. Their Redrum interior package feels a bit AliExpress, however. I was interested in their AC panel when I first saw it - and when it was going to be 800€ - but it went on sale at 2k. Nope. They also sell the SQR46DAB for double what it costs literally anywhere else. And they *never* respond to emails in anything like a reasonable time frame. But dealing with them face to face, where you can see exactly what you're getting? Yeah, great.
Their post purchase rep has actually been very helpful and responsive. My issue is mostly that they’re not willing to accept responsibility for this obvious design flaw and keep trying to resolve the issue with a solution that would only be ok on a prototype, not a customer facing product and especially not for the exorbitant price I paid for the unit. If they don’t resolve it to my satisfaction on Monday, my next correspondence will be to my CC company for a chargeback I think…

Quick Reply: Carbone.pl AC Control Panel