80.4mm Crankshaft Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Tomfun
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts
Default 80.4mm Crankshaft Options

Hello all,

This year (hopefully) I'm planning to move my car to a standalone ECU and DBW, but longer term at some point I'd like to rebuild to 4L or 4.1L (leaning 4.1L because might as well). Anyways, I have a friend of a friend with a GT3RS 4.0 crankshaft available new at a pretty attractive price, but wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on whether the EVOMS offering or something else would be worth the extra? I'm thinking the Porsche crank will be sufficient but thought I'd check if there is anything I'm missing.

Cheers,

Tom
Old 08-13-2024, 08:56 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomfun
Hello all,

This year (hopefully) I'm planning to move my car to a standalone ECU and DBW, but longer term at some point I'd like to rebuild to 4L or 4.1L (leaning 4.1L because might as well). Anyways, I have a friend of a friend with a GT3RS 4.0 crankshaft available new at a pretty attractive price, but wanted to see if anyone has any opinions on whether the EVOMS offering or something else would be worth the extra? I'm thinking the Porsche crank will be sufficient but thought I'd check if there is anything I'm missing.

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom,
Not sure what you mean by "sufficient", however the factory GT3RS 4.0 & RSR engines run at 500+hp and up to 9,000rpm, so unless you have a plan to exceed that with forced induction I would comfortably say that the crank is more than sufficient for any aircooled naturally aspirated engine.
KR
The following users liked this post:
JP-"S" (08-15-2024)

Quick Reply: 80.4mm Crankshaft Options