Sponsored by:

964 refrigerant quantity for refill

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 04:31 PM
Spend911$
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 964 refrigerant quantity for refill

Hi guys/spartansix, many thanks for the refill quantity for 134a! I forgot to ask if I need more oil. The problem began when I added an "L" shaped fitting directly to the high side fitting on the compressor. (no quick release fitting was there) upon screwing the new fitting in place the compressor valve stuck INWARD, thereby releasing the gas. Probably lost it all. Do I need to add any oil, if so, how much? Thanks again, ( Mr. Lucky) TJN
Old 04-06-2024, 11:41 AM
cjoenck
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

If you did not open the lines to change a component like the dryer or the compressor itself, probably no additional oil needed. However, you do need to vacuum the system sooner rather than later. Atmosphere air has a lot of moisture and moisture is not compatible with the inside of your ac system. So if you don't have any leaks, vacuum and refill will do it.
Old 04-06-2024, 12:35 PM
Spend911$
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 964 refrigerant fill/oil?

I was installing a quick disconnect fitting directly to the high side of the compressor when the damn compressor valve stuck open, thereby losing the charge. I didn't change out any other part of the system, so I guess from your comments that I'm ready for the vacuum pump. Many thanks for your reply! Tom

Quick Reply: 964 refrigerant quantity for refill