Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make Carbon Fiber Aero Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 03:26 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Anyone make Carbon Fiber Aero Mirrors?

My GT3 and 964 are similar colors. My GT3 has carbon fiber side mirrors and i was thinking of adding similar on the 964.
I have these little cup mirrors on there now and they are useless. Any full kits out there?
I see them for later models but not the 964.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:40 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
My GT3 and 964 are similar colors. My GT3 has carbon fiber side mirrors and i was thinking of adding similar on the 964.
I have these little cup mirrors on there now and they are useless. Any full kits out there?
I see them for later models but not the 964.
FVD sells the 935/RS Race Mirrors in a carbon fiber. The price is obscene, there’s very little weight savings, and many complain these mirrors are useless. I love them!
Old 04-03-2024, 02:26 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts

those are very similar to what I currently have, albeit not in CF, and they're challenging to be honest. The driver's side isn't bad but the passenger side is pretty useless.
Old 07-24-2024, 11:00 AM
Fugy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default 964/993 Carbon Fiber Mirror Replacement

Hello,

I make them.

Over the past couple of years, I have developed carbon fiber replacement teardrop mirrors for the 964/993 models. These are not just caps but complete replacements. The design is a one-piece carbon fiber mirror without any visible seams when installed. The OEM internals can be transferred into the new carbon fiber mirror casing.

I have spent the last two years perfecting this seamless technique, creating a 3D skeleton with matching points for OEM hardware and internals, optimizing the mounting points, reinforcing the carbon fiber structure while reducing its weight to nearly a quarter of the OEM weight, and re-engineering the OEM mirror spring with a new constant ratio. We have transitioned from wet carbon to dry carbon techniques for higher and more consistent quality.

I believe I am the only one on the market that is currently making them. They are time consuming to make hence not readily available on the market.

They are $1200 + shipping a set. This includes a pair of carbon fiber mirror replacements and a pair of new springs. I can also finish it in a matte carbon for additional cost.

I have sold our first batch and the second batch should be ready in Sept.

The following 4 users liked this post by Fugy:
Jacke2c (07-24-2024), jpoint (Yesterday), sotothehail (07-24-2024), TomJVW (07-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Anyone make Carbon Fiber Aero Mirrors?