Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'90 Carrera 2 $14k

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 12:10 AM
AsianBond
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's appropriately value at 111k miles as a trade in. Only dealers get those prices, they need the room to make a profit. How else do you think they pay their employees, rent, equipment and training?
Old 05-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Erik L
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim Ellis Audi directs me to Jim Elis Porsche. Porsche knows nothing about it. Back at Used cars they say it may have been whole saled off? Perhaps they offered it to employees but not the public??
Old 05-31-2004, 08:07 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Jim Ellis Porsche would never sell a car as old as a 1990. I visited them when I was shopping, and the oldest used car they had was three years old and way out of my price range. If they got the car, it was wholesaled off somewhere.

Interesting thread on the Jim Ellis bashing. My PO purchased my car there new. The service receipts show he was thoroughly hosed every time he went in for service. What work was done on the car was to a very poor standard. I have spent quite a bit of time cleaning up behind their service department. Examples: damaged/missing fasteners, repeat complaints on several items that never got corrected until I finally did it. Just last week I lost the AC belt because the compressor mounting bolts backed out. You guessed it - receipts show Jim Ellis replaced the AC compressor for the PO at huge cost. I would love it if they tried to sue me - any jury would have a field day coming up with a just verdict.

Quick Reply: '90 Carrera 2 $14k